Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 7 month older fawn flashy boxer. i have been noticing that she looks slightly differnt from most other boxers. her muzzle seems longer than other boxers i have seen. is this the result of poor breeding or is she possibly a mix?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Do you have pics??? I guess it could be from "poor" breeding BUT I would think more just because it's a mix... or even just the simple fact that some boxers depending on their bloodline have a bit of a longer snout... like german vs american.... etc. From the little pic you have in your sig... She looks like a boxer to me!! Though it is a SMALL pic... still looks like a boxer though!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
sumyasmom\";p=\"36468 said:
i have a 7 month older fawn flashy boxer. i have been noticing that she looks slightly differnt from most other boxers. her muzzle seems longer than other boxers i have seen. is this the result of poor breeding or is she possibly a mix?
Your pic is pretty small...but, it sure looks like a boxer to me! :) welcome!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i was thinking the same thing..she looks all boxer...

welcome to the group..cant wait to see more pics :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hello! Just wanted to add that the boxers muzzle starts off longer and gets shorter with age. Voltaire's nose wasn't always so 'puggy' - his nose just kept growing back until he was about 2 years old. And look at him now 8O  i think it'd be safe to say he has the shortest muzzle of all the boxers on this forum :roll: ! (some even think he has some mastiff in him - he doesn't - he's just european!) Give your girl some more time to mature - she looks fine to me!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree from the little pic she looks all boxer.....I agree with Annette....Fiona's nose seemed real long to me when I got her and as she has got older her nose seems shorter.  Also her head seemed really egg shaped up until about 4 months and now it is alot more rounded....

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone! i appreciate the feedback it makes more sense now, after hearing what everyone had to say. absolutely everything else about her is boxer ( especially her attitude!  :D ) was just curious about her muzzle... i realize my sig pic is small  :( , but i am working on putting up more ( bigger) pics.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh she's definitely boxer, no doubt of that..Like Annette said, their noses seem longer when they are younger, guess they have to grow into them as well....Buck"s seemed a lot longer when he was younger, but as he grew he ended up with a cute nose, but I do have to say that Voltaire has the most lovely nose of all....Big sigh I do so love that boy... :wink:

Just to add on, yes breeding will also figure into it as well...Different lines have different traits that are passed down...And if there was any boxers in the mix that came from questionable breeding that will show up as well....Angel's breeder likes a pretty head, so that is one of things she looks for when she breeds, some like other features, so that's how you end up with different looks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts