Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my 7 month old female woke up this morning she had absolutely no energy. she is not playing, eating, chasing the cat etc.. when she went on her walk she was fine , her stool was also fine. she also seemed a little unsteady on her feet.she is sleeping right now. has anyone ever run into this before?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
No, Kiah was sick one morning but I think she had eaten something that disagreed with her as she was throwing up and eating grass when she was outside.  I called the vet and she said to watch her and if it continued to bring her in, she was fine in a couple of hours.  She was never unsteady on her feet though.  

I think I would call your vet to see what they think.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
The one time that Buck was lethargic he had an eye infection, wouldn't think that would bother him, would you? It could be all kinds of things, but if she seems unsteady on her feet, that would be a concern...Mine have had days when they are just low energy, but never didn't eat...Watch her closely and I would put a call in to your vet...Hope she starts feeling better and keep us posted

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone! sumya has an appointment at 3 o' clock today with the vet. i am hoping it is nothing serious.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I hope Sumya is alright and it is nothing serious.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Best is to get the pup to the vet.   Check the gums, if they are pale and not bright pink that is a sign for concern.  Also is not eating and not pooing, could be a blockage.   Best to take in and get it checked out!  Dont want your dog to become dehydrated.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Blue did this once, when we took him to the vet they told us it was because of growing pains. It continued for the next day and we returned to the vet to find out he had been biten by a tick.  You're best bet is to take her to the vet right away...  Hopefully it's nothing!!!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
back from the vet.the doc could not find anything wrong with sumya other than the fact that she was a little dehydrated. she was given some fluids and pepcid a.c. under the skin.she did say that sumya has a very small heart murmur that was probably never diagnosed because she was always excited and hyper when she came in for check ups.i was also told that would not cause her to be acting this way so suddenly.if she does not get better i will take her back for x- rays and bloodwork.so i guess no news is good news...?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Same thing happened to Milo. He was very lethargic and not himself, we took him to the vet, they gave him 7cc's of fluids...and after he pee'd them all out...he was as good as new.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Good luck to her.  Hopefully it is nothing serious.  I know that all of ours have had days when they just aren't themselves.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hoping that Sumya starts feeling better. Maybe the fluids gave her a "jump start" and she will be ok now  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hope all she needed were some fluids and she feels better in the morning.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think the fluids were exactly what she needed. she is playing, eating, hugging, kissing.she seems pretty much back to her old self.i am sooooo glad,it was so sad to see her being so slow and acting so sick.it was like she was a completely different dog.thanks to everyone for their support and advice.it is good to have a place to go that others can relate to you and know where you are coming from. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts