Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there!!, I have a 9 month old Boxer dog, ive had him since he was 8 weeks old and i love him to bits. I was just wondering if he was actually meant to sleep as much as he does. Ive had puppies in the past (English bull terrier and staffordshire bull terrier) and I am aware that puppies sleep quite a bit but he seems to be sleeping excessively, infact, hes asleep right now and has been for about the past 4 hours. he has regular checks at the vets and they have found him to be perfectly healthy. Im probably just worrying unnecessarily but I was just wondering if everyone elses boxers do the same thing??

thankyou

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
you have to remember that puppies aren't considered adults until about 2 years old. And at 9 months, they're still growing pretty rapidly.  It's exhausting to be growing all the time!

But then again, my pug is 6 years old, and she sleeps all day too. =P But she's just a bum.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you wanna talk about dogs that sleep a lot, try bassett hounds. Ours sleep 22 hours a day!!! and they're adults (5 and 6 years old). but they are the LAZIEST dogs in the animal world too. and always good for a laugh--Rich

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ahhh, he's still a baby Mom...they play hard, so they sleep hard...My distuinguished senior Samson, sleeps probably 18 hrs a day...More if Angel would leave him alone, but she's no slouch either in that dept....All of mine have always slept a lot and I do believe it's cos of the fact that all that energy they have, needs to be recharged and what better way than sleep?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Any dog I've ever owned has slept a lot... I know boxers are suppose to be high energy... of course you have to remember that's when they're NOT sleeping!  :D Odin sleeps a lot... but when he's awake... he's following my every move and wants to wrestle and run around full speed. I think your baby is fine!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie sleeps a lot too...

Every day the noise i make coming in the house wakes her up...

I dont think Maggie ever sleeps though... i havent seen her sleep since she was a puppy! LOL!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Zoe sleeps most of the day away unless she's at daycare.  I think it's normal for all dogs to sleep a lot unless they have "day jobs".   :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts