Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got a Boxer almost 1 month ago. His name is Popeye, and he will be 5 months old on the 11th.

I was also wondering if someone could help me. Today he urinated about 6 times in about an hour! He did have a ton of water previous to this, but I thought it was quite a lot for him to go! Thanks for looking :D

·
Registered
948 Posts
He has the most unique face!! I LOVE IT!!!

As for the frequent urination.. Could be from drinking a ton of water (I know Toby my bully mix will pee a lot after swimming and gulping water) or it could be a UTI (urinary tract infection).. If it continues, take him to the vet...

Also.. A lot of puppies tend to drink a lot of water just because its there... So after a certain time (say 8pm), take it away..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi and welcome :signheya:

and about the question- If he drank alot, he'll pee alot! Make sure to watch him like a hawk, and give him plenty of opportunty to potty OUTSIDE. There is also a question of bladder issues as well. If he seems to not be able to 'control' himself- see a vet. This could be painful for him :cry: and the sooner hes seen by a vet-the cleaner your carpets will be  :wink:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!!! I will have some more pictures up in a few minutes :D I have been taking the water away at 9pm, do you think I should take it earlier like you said at 8? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Wow he is gorgeous and i LOVE his name....I agree with flutterby....mine will pee alot if he drinks alot....but i just went through this with my lab and she had a UTI....if it continues take him to the vet and they will run tests and give you some antibiotics....good luck!!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm with Kenya on this... I LOVE HIS FACE!!! OMG!! LOL

Sounds like he just drank too much... Odin's done the same thing in the past. Though if it continues definitely take him to the vet.

AWHHHH... his face!!!!!!!

·
Registered
948 Posts
boxerpopeye\";p=\"19660 said:
Thanks for the info!!! I will have some more pictures up in a few minutes :D I have been taking the water away at 9pm, do you think I should take it earlier like you said at 8? Thanks again
I was just throwing a time out there... A lot of people say anywhere from 6-9.. I think 6 is wayyyy too early... It all depends on your pups bladder really.. With Mia, I let her eat and drink as late as she pleases be/c she will hold it all night long (usually from 11pm til 9 or 10 in the morning).. We occassionally have the days where she needs out in the middle of the night but its rare..

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i take Chance's water up around 8 pm....seems to work well for me and him. I cant get over his face....OMG he has such a cute face!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
What a cute pup!!  I LOVE his face!!  As far as the peeing....yeah I have the same problem.  Starting around 8pm, I take mine out every hr. until 10PM, when I usually go to bed.  Mine will normally sleep through the night then.  My younger Boxer, 7 weeks old, will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to potty, but not always. I do have a problem more with peeing when my pups play hard and drink lots more water.  I don't take away water...however, that is a good idea!  I might try that if I have too many pee spots on my carpet even though I take them out so often!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW this forum Rocks. such great quick responses. Thanks everyone

Pics as promised :D

I love the "please feel sorry for me face" lol. This was the 1st day I had him

And this was 2 or 3 days ago :p

·
Registered
948 Posts
OMG!! I just want to puppy nap him! Cindi, get that bail account ready!!  :wink: The white on his face makes him soo different the way the colors contrast!

And... If you're ever bored, I'M ALWAYS HERE!! lol... I can't get away!  8O  Seriously.. All hours.. day and night!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I will remember that....you will most likely be getting a lot of questions from me in that case :p :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
What  an adorable litlle guy! he will be so handsome once he fills out! you are a very lucky person :D we take our girls water up 8 at the latest. Then take them out twice before bed time. reese is 6 months and we are still working on house training with her-so we take her out ofen

Welcome!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you very much. Popeye hasnt had any problems at all once he is asleep for the night, although sometimes when he goes to sleep around 10, I wake him up at 11 before i go to bed and he usually pees again at that time, so  will start taking the water away at 8/830 from now on.
I will take some new pics tommorow.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yay!! We can never get sick of pictures!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:D.

BTW, I might be adopting a 2 month old kitten in the next day or two, do you think this will affect popeye, and that I should wait a bit longer for popeye to adjust (although after almost a month I think he is very well adjusted) Thanks!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts