Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we first got Baby, I didn't know what to make of her.  She was so hyper, getting into everything, going to the bathroom on the floor, terrorizing my cats and jumping on my other 2 dogs.

We've had her since August and she has calmed down somewhat since then.  But despite everything, I just fell in LOVE with this dog.  She's so affectionate and gives me that "look" that just makes me reach down and hug her all the time.  She was supposed to be my husband's dog but I think I may have stolen her from him.  HA HA HA

I love all my dogs - don't get me wrong.  But I'm used to Shelties and this is my first Boxer and if anyone would ever ask me about getting a boxer I would tell them if they wanted a loving, loyal dog that is the dog for them, but they have to have patience cause they are a hyper dog.  I'm fortunate to have 13 acres that Baby can run around in every night.

Just wanted to share my boxer experience with everyone on here.  Thought maybe some of you could relate to it.

I wouldn't give her up for the world...... :bsiloveyou: Baby.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It's amazing how boxers can steal your heart isn't it? I don't understand how anyone could not love this breed. I for one will never be without again!  :D

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
that was great story.sumya is my first boxer, and for sure not my last.my husband did not really want to get her ,( he had  a boxer and never really got over it when he had passed.) now all he does is tell anyone who will listen how much he loves our baby and that he can't imagine life without her! :D  home is where my boxer is!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I too will always and forever have a boxer in my home. I love the breed and all the wonderful qualities they have. they get your with their little squishy faced egg head and big "woe-is-me" eyes, and as they grow they creep into your heart where they stay planted forever

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oscar is my first boxer. I was actually looking to adopt a Neo mastiff but my b/f at the time was not a fan of such HUGE dogs and actually went behind my back and bought Oscar for me. Well-I will never ever be without a boxer in my home again. And I still have Oscar, not the b/f. LOL... :lol:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I can totally relate!LOL! These are NOT your ordinary dogs...don't get me wrong...dogs are great...but, these are BABIES!!! Humandogs...it's just so different...

The other piece to this...I am sure there are many on here that think we are NUTS...certifiable...and I don't know if it's because I have four sons and I am just accustomed to controlled chaos...or is it because my last dog was a RAT TERRIER...you wanna see hyper, check this out! She was GORGEOUS...loved her to pieces...but, we are talking Jack Russell on crack!  And WAY high maintenance...she never did hit an age where she wouldn't tear things to shreds if you so much as took your eyes off of her!  So, to me, three boxers, four boys and a cat are pretty mellow...I mean, this is my living room in the last 15 minutes!!! :)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
LOL!!! that is just too cute. looks like you have a bunch of party animals on your hands!! :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I read a lot about boxers before i decided that was the breed that I wanted but never in my life did I expect to be so touched.  I loved my previous dog and still miss him to this day but never did I expect that I would lose my heart so totally.  I can't imagine my life without a boxer in it now.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh they definitely steal your hearts, don't they? I never thought when I got my first boxer that I would fall so in love with a breed...

·
Registered
491 Posts
I know exactly what you guys mean.  Growing up,  my mom had a poodle and, later, a rottweiler.  Well, I liked them okay I guess.  Never really truly paid much attention (you know how it is to be a teenager) I was too busy with my own social life.  But now, I'm not sure if it was the right time in my family's life for us to get a dog or if it's just the boxer breed itself, but I am totally in LOVE with my 2 babies.  Gunnar stole my heart from day 1.  I tried not to get too attached to Ginger, as she 'officially' belongs to my daughter, but that didn't work either!!  Within a week I had moved her from Nicole's bed to mine, and that is where she is to this day.  But I just want everyone to know, if you don't already I LOVE GUNNAR AND GINGER!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts