Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 14 month young boxer Bailey, and i notice the hair on her coat is longer than that of any other boxer iv seen? is there somthing i should be doing, would it be from not grooming her enough?

"Alan" from Ireland.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i found this phrase as i was reading about boxers hope it can help you with your question "The coat of the British dogs is not as short and tight and smooth as the standard asks. In fact I have found many dogs that have an exceptionally long thick coat."......i never knew that there where boxers with long coat as well

·
Registered
905 Posts
How long are we talking about?  My Hector's coat is a bit longer and coarser than Tink's but we're not talking Afghan hound-esque or anything!!  Emmet calls him our little Brillo pad...

Nice to see another Paddy on the site, btw! %%-

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
A Brillo pad? Oh I like that Eimear.....Samson's coat is definitely a bit longer and coarser than Angel's...This was addressed in another post as well...Genetics plays a big part in your Boxers make-up and that extends to the coat as well....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie's coat is pretty long as well, which I think is the reason why she sheds so much more then Maggie...

when Jessie came back from the doggy day spa on sunday, her coat felt a lot shorter, when i pet her i dont have a handful of hair...

I dont know what they did to her though...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I think coat length can have alot to do with the area that the pet lives.  The colder the area, I would think there coat would be thicker to help keep there body warm.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="JeepKuntry\";p=\"59594":zuc2m7g4]I think coat length can have alot to do with the area that the pet lives.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hmmm id be interested to know what the groomer did to Jessie lol Isis is leaving 'snow' all over the house lol...both dogs do this time of year and our weather never changes..365 days a year its b/t 85-95...i guess its just inate that their coats shed no matter the weather 'to a point'

we brush them down every few days with a grooming mitten and it helps but still fur everywhere hehe...

maybe you can post a pic of your pup Alan? we d love to see :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts