Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I had an older boxer was 11 or older got from humane society back in 2011. The other day was at vet to get an allergy shot but before he went in just collapsed and they got him back okay. Today he was fine playing around etc he went to get into car to get lunch. When he got into passenger seat he collapsed again this time his tongue was sticking out and not breathing so rushed him to my vet and he had a swollen throat we had thought he had seizure other day but today we thought might have been a brain tumor but there was nothing visible can anyone tell me if they had same experience I need to know for I can get closure. He was my best buddy and am now completely lost, Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Aww, man I am so sorry! I have no idea why or what happened but the swollen throat seem's kinda strange?? But sorry for your loss. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our beloved Buster on 12/11/20 after having him for 6 years. Prior to his passing, he seemed very lively and happy, as usual. We took him to the vet for regular check ups and he never had any issues. We took him out for a bathroom break in the evening and he collapsed. He was struggling to breathe and I attempted to give him CPR but it didn't work and he died in my arms. It has been the toughest loss of an animal I have had to experience. I never had an autopsy but when I researched the breed and some of the health issues, my guess is that Buster died from cardiomyopathy. Its been very hard to come home and not be greeted with a slobbery ball and the most energetic, happy hello anyone can ask for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss. We lost our beloved Buster on 12/11/20 after having him for 6 years. Prior to his passing, he seemed very lively and happy, as usual. We took him to the vet for regular check ups and he never had any issues. We took him out for a bathroom break in the evening and he collapsed. He was struggling to breathe and I attempted to give him CPR but it didn't work and he died in my arms. It has been the toughest loss of an animal I have had to experience. I never had an autopsy but when I researched the breed and some of the health issues, my guess is that Buster died from cardiomyopathy. Its been very hard to come home and not be greeted with a slobbery ball and the most energetic, happy hello anyone can ask for.
My heart goes out to you. We lost our Ali’ nearly 7 years ago to cardiomyopathy. He had 5 collapses in 3 years. I don’t remember his tongue swelling. He was 12. It is just heartbreaking losing our babies. Lost our last one 6 months ago. Still grieving. He was 4.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
I had an older boxer was 11 or older got from humane society back in 2011. The other day was at vet to get an allergy shot but before he went in just collapsed and they got him back okay. Today he was fine playing around etc he went to get into car to get lunch. When he got into passenger seat he collapsed again this time his tongue was sticking out and not breathing so rushed him to my vet and he had a swollen throat we had thought he had seizure other day but today we thought might have been a brain tumor but there was nothing visible can anyone tell me if they had same experience I need to know for I can get closure. He was my best buddy and am now completely lost, Thanks for your help
So sorry for your loss. I responded below to someone else. We lost one to cardiomyopathy. May your memories help you through this loss. 😥

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh my, very sorry. Heartbreaking.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yea same here am so empty without him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone he had no heart issues his blood work came back good am going to get through it but sure is hardest death have ever dealt with.

·
Registered
793 Posts
If he had a heart related arrhythmia that could have done it. I lost two dogs in a row to DCM and collapse did happen the heart gets out of rhythm and if it doesn't correct itself the will collapse suddenly. I am so sorry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
I am so very sorry. I has to put down my Roxy the other day. 12 years young. She had a cancerous tumor spreading throughout her body. I’m am so heartbroken!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
So very sorry - very much feel the pain. Our sweet Lulu succumbed to cardiomyopathy last Sept. Every day without her reminds us how grateful we are to have had rescued her 11 years ago. Even today, she brings the rainbow to us with every memory of her we keep alive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
Heartbreaking :( I am sorry for your loss

1 - 16 of 16 Posts