Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were away last week and the pups were with my parents being completely spoiled for the week. Brady has been acting a little out of it since we got back...he woke up one night and spent the next hour puking, he seems super sensitive to things in a manner that he hasn't before, like playing frisbe yesterday, he flipped in the air and landed on his back as he tried to catch it...he does this ALL the time, he acts like it's the best thing in the world to do....but yesterday when he landed, he came running to me and sat on me and wouldn't move. I checked him all over, moved his legs, hips, etc and he didn't have any reaction. Then 2 minutes later, he went chasing Abby like nothing happened.  
Then twice last night they got into a fight over something they never fight about. Rawhide bones set them off, so they get separated for raw hide bones. Any other toy they are always fine with. He got possessive of a random toy last night and twice they went at it. I think Abby was just trying to play around with him, like usual and he got snarly and started up the tiffs He bit me the first time too (when I went to push them apart, he reached for her and my arm got in the way) and it was a good bite, I have a swollen sore arm today, so he was REALLY intending to fight. My husband came upstairs to help me separate them and Brady held his front leg in the air and just whimpered at us for a few minutes...we couldn't touch him anyway without him crying. For the 2nd time that day, I checked him all over, he just rolled on his side and waited and then got up and ran across the room.  This morning he was kept shifting his weight when he sat like he was babying one side but then he start chewing on his tail...I wonder if he just needs a gland cleaning. But that doesn't explain his sensitivty elsewhere.
I have a vet appointment lined up for Abby for gland cleaning but told them on the phone about his actions...so they said to keep watch over him and they will take him on an emergency basis if he doesn't improve or gets worse.
I am a little concerned about lyme bc I know that can make them extremely sensitive. It's been a few months though since he had any ticks as we had our yard successfully treated. hmm...sorry to vent.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just did some searching and see that it can be up to a year before lyme symptoms appear...lameness, arthritic type behavior, etc can be symptoms. Hmm...I am going to bring him in when I take Abby and have them look him over and test.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I hope Brady is going to be okay. Good thing you are bringing him in to the vet so they can check him over. Boxers can have such a high pain threshold you might never know they are hurting. Keep us updated on him. {{{{feel better vibes to Brady}}}}

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hope he's okay as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts