Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I know nothing about boxers so I hope someone can help my dad here.  My dad has Bo he is a 4 year old Boxer and just recently he got another Boxer she is 7 weeks old her name is Brandy.  His question is this, the breeder had Brandy on ProPlan dog food, and Bo is on Eukanuba Boxer dry food.  Brandy the 7 week old one will not eat the ProPlan anymore since she has tasted Bo's Eukanuba Boxer.  Would it be ok if she just goes ahead and eats the Boxer formula?  I know there is a major age difference and she should be on a puppy formula but she just insists she wants his.  My dad doesn't want to hurt her by giving her something that she should not be eating though. I know Eukanuba isn't the best food out there but Bo the 4 year old is doing great on it.  I don't think Eukanuba has a boxer puppy formula out there.  So will what Bo is eating be to harsh for her?

I have a chocolate lab and she is on Canidae all life stages but he says he cant afford that at the moment.

Got any ideas?
I have a picture of them I will have to try and post it then

Thanx for your help

·
Registered
508 Posts
She needs to be getting her puppy formula. She will eat it when she gets hungry, she is probably being a little stubborn but she should get over it. Thats just my opinion though because she needs to get all her nutrients and stuff that they are supposed to get.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Have him try mixing the 2 like BoxerLuv said. also he can try adding a bit of warm water to it, make almost a gravy, that might entice her as well.....Canidae is an excellent food by the way, good choice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts