Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so since its been warming up I decided to tie him out for a few minutes a day why I work in yard or on boat etc.etc.Well I have been trying to get him use to a dog house for last 2-3 weeks.Only time he will get on ground is to eat or drink rest of time he looks like a grown chicken on a perch.Should I just give up since he will never ever be sleeping in a dog house "just figured if he was outside & a surprise rain came he get atleast get out of it for a couple minutes till I get to him".I have put a toy in it,I have put clothes,cedar chips everything he just doesnt want no part of going in that shack.So here he is perched on top of it lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahaha thats how mine would act too..that pic is priceless !! hahahaha

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Awww that pick is cute!! lol I bought Roxy one of those dogloo things and she wanted nothing to do with it and STILL doesnt after a year of tryin. So Im sorry i have no advice for ya. but your boy sure is a cutie

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
maybe if you give him food inside it he will learn to like going in there? that pic is great tho..you should frame it!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That is soo funny....He may just feel too confined in there.. I know we had one for Buck and he liked it, but eventually outgrew it.....Maybe a lean-to or something might be better

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
My Chow had a dogloo that she NEVER used. If she was outside and it began to rain, she'd just sit in the rain, blinking. She never would go in. I tried putting treats in there and even put her food bowl in. She'd reach for the food but always kept her back feet on the ground. She always liked lying under a certain bush when she was outside so I tried shoving the dogloo under there but that didn't work either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts