Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has a pup from the same litter as Maggie (Maggie's sister), her pup's name is Roxi(y?)  Anyways my sister and her husband have an apartment in my parents basement and when my Husband was there over the weekend he heard my dad getting really angry about the pup never having any interaction.  The apartment just reaks of pee and poop.  My sister and her husband work during the day so the dog stays in the bathroom, then they come home for a couple of secs and heads back out until 9 at night.  Or they don't even come home until 9 at night.  This is really ticking my dad off.  

Taylor (my skin daughter) just spent the week there and heard my dad getting mad a few times about this.  It's unfair to the dog.  Anyways my dad said over the weekend to my mom that they (my sis and her man) should get rid of the dog if they're not gonna be around much all the time.   I should add that even Taylor knew it was unfair... and since she had experience from Maggie, she was letting out Roxi during the week so that Roxi did have some interaction.  Though Taylor isn't there anymore since she came home yesterday.

So why is my DH nuts you ask?  Because he asked me if I would take in Roxi if my sis and her man are forced to get rid of her.  Of course I would lol.  But I doubt my sister will get rid of Roxi.

·
Registered
780 Posts
It doesn't sound like your sister has a choice, to me the dog is being abused by not being let out on a schedule and being locked in a bathroom all day and night.  That is no way to raise a dog and the dog should be removed from that enviroment so it can be raised the right way with interaction with people and be on a schedule.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote="boxerlove\";p=\"24425":1zaw3zvk]It doesn't sound like your sister has a choice, to me the dog is being abused by not being let out on a schedule and being locked in a bathroom all day and night.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That was the issue with Guido. The previous owners let him out of his crate for maybe 2 hours a day, if that and he was restricted to one room even when he was out. That's no way for a dog to live.

I would talk to your sister about taking Roxi in so she can have a better home life. Otherwise, she is going to have major social and behavioral issues.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I agree that is not a good life.  I think regardless of if you can take the pup or find another home it may be better.  It is hard to take care when they arew not home.....Just talk to your sister about seeing it from the puppies side and if you take the pup then your sister could still see it when she wants to and it would be less of a burden for her right now....Just a though.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts