Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbors came by my house with their dogs, a Boston Terrier, and an ancient Basset Hound.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow!! OMG I'm SOOO SORRY TO HEAR THIS!!! Make sure you get that persons information so they can pay for your vet bills!! We're sending {{{{{{{{{{GOOD HEALING VIBES}}}}}}}}}} Your way!!!!! POOR FERRIS!!! :cry:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I forgot to mention that I did get all the girl's info.  She felt really, really bad.  It was not her fault, really. Nobody's fault.  Thanks for the vibes....you guys are fantastic.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG YOU HAD MORE CONTROL THAN I DID WHEN THIS HAPPEND WITH A PIT AND ISIS...

I AM SO SORRY..AND WHAT IN THE HELL WAS THE ROTTI'S OWNER DOING? YOU CANT TELL ME THAT A DOG OWNER DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEIR DOG IS CAPABLE OF...THEY KNOW WHAT SETS THE DOG OFF...IF THEY DONT THEN THEY DONT DESERVE TO HAVE A 140 LB DOG !!! THATS AWEFUL !!

JEEZ I REALLY HOPE FERRIS IS OK...WE WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL..PLEASE UPDATE US..

YES AND MAKE SURE YOU GET THEIR INFO !!! THEY HAVE TO PAY IT !!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:roll: jeez the mental pic of that made me so mad ..im ok lol

i hope Ferris is ok though i really do...that situation is just an aweful feeling ..your reaction is probably what saved him

he has a great mama:)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
OMGosh!! i am so sorry!! Please keep us posted onhow lil ferris is doing!! thoughts and well wishes being sent your way!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
That's horrible!!!  I'm so sorry... I would be heartbroken if I saw that happen to my little one.  I hope Ferris heals up real quick.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Goodness!  I would have been scared to death!

I had a similar situation when I was younger.  I was about 12 or 14, walking my cocker spaniel, when a dog got out of his fence and just attacked my little cocker. This dog wasn't that much bigger, but was probably twice the size of mine.  I started screaming bloody murder and kicking that dog for all I was worth!
Finally some neighbors came out to help me.  My poor little dog had to have stiches all over his head and ears, this dog attacked his head!  When my mom found out that I had been kicking the other dog, I got in trouble.  She said I was more important than the dog and don't ever do that again!  Anyhow, the owner of that dog couldn't appologize enough and paid for all the vet bills without being asked.

Poor little Ferris.  Get well soon baby!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
That's terrible! I hope Ferris heals up alright. Let us know how it goes at the vet.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
She should know her dogs body language and kept him away.  Sure hope Ferris is going to be ok; let us know what the vet says.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I hope Ferris has a speedy recovery!  How long had they played before this happened?  Was it almost immediate after introducing Ferris into the equation?  Sounds like that lady doesn't know how her animal reacts around others.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
oh my god, that is awful..Altho the Rottie's owner expressed concern, like others have said, she should have been more aware of her dog and how he reacts to new dogs around.....Hoping Ferris is doing allright this morning and please give him a big hug fo rme, bless his heart....Keep us posted..

·
Registered
933 Posts
That is terrible.  I can't imagine being in that situation.  I hope Ferris is feeling better and heals quickly.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
So sorry to hear about Ferris. You did the right thing. So glad you could think so quickly. Ferris is lucky to have you. Sending good vibes your wait and Myself and Chance will be waiting to hear what the vet had to say

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: My little pal got attacked!! (a bit lengthy)UPDATE

Took him to the vet this morning.  They shot him up with painkillers. antibiotics, and anti-inflammatories. They didn't stich him up because they want the wounds to drain, which by the looks of the bandages they have been doing all day. They gave me a bottle of Rimadyl to give him twice a day.....it's an anti-inflammatory.   He has been pretty lethargic all day cause of the bandages.   I had to work for a few hours, and when I came home his bandages had slipped down his leg.  I have to go buy some more stuff to wrap him up with.  He is so confused though, and that is what makes me feel so bad.  He just looks at me with these puzzled eyes.  He doesn't know what the hell is goin on.
Well, I am pretty happy about the vet care.  I have him at Banfield, and because he is on a plan over there I saved $75.  Well, the Rotty owner saved $75.  She offered to pay for it all.  She said her dog was great when he met every other dog, and he seemed fine when he met Ferris......10 minutes later all hell breaks loose.  I was so out of it, it didn't even register that this was really the first time Ferris had encountered a dog like this.  I guess I could have been a little more on the alert, but at the same time, the owner should have been a little more responsible with her HUGE dog.
Anyway, when I figure out how to post pics, I will get some up here........
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Poor Ferris and poor you. So scary, stuff like that can happen in a split second. Hoping he's back to boxer wiggles soon. Sending lots of healing vibes!!!! Please keep posting his progress.
PS...was glad to hear the other owner did the responsible thing with the vet bills.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts