Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Xena follows me around the house...everyday, all the time, everywhere i go.  She even follows me into the bathroom. Only when shes sleeping does she not follow me. And its only me...she wont follow anyone else around the house. While it is kinda cute, at times it can be annoying. Does anybody else's baby do this?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yes! That sounds EXACTLY like Odin! Into the bathroom... the closet... and no one else... just me. Well unless Sarah has food in her hand, then he follows her every where. LOL Yes... if he's asleep he doesn't follow me around... sometimes... he'll wake up to follow me into the other room... find a comfy spot, then continues sleeping. LOL

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol....shes done that too...woken up to follow me into the other room then falls right back asleep. and its not like shes a puppy...shes almost 3. So it looks like we have a 2nd shadow for the next few years.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh yea, all of mine have done that...The first couple weeks I had Samson he was exceptionally klingy, like he had to be velcroed to me...He still follows me in the bathroom, lays down while I take my shower and now with Angel..there's no room for me!!! What's up with that? Then of course if I walk in the kitchen, oh boy, both are right there just waiting and hoping for something.....

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just love velcro puppies!  Ginsy does this whenever I am downstairs.  But till she is fully housetrained she isn't allowed on the carpet.  :roll:

My goal is to have her sleep upstairs with us, but she still needs papers in the laundry room at night.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Oh yes... Odin was stuck to me like glue when we first got him... if I walked out front, he'd follow right beside... even with all kinds of oher things going on... he'd following outside... inside... where ever right by my side and stop when I stopped... RIGHT BY MY SIDE. I loved it!!

Of course he go older and now thinks he can run down the street and what not so... he doesn't go out front even just on the porch with out a leash.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I cant tell you how many times ive stepped on jessie or fell over her because she was shadowing me and i didnt realize...

For those of you with puppies that are just starting to do this, GET USED TO IT!!  lol... it never stops!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
LOL I bet... I trip over Odin all the time. Now not only does Sarah get in my way but Odin... I don't know how people with MULTIPLE boxers do it... you know with living in the hospital! lol

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Mastray\";p=\"8445 said:
LOL I bet... I trip over Odin all the time. Now not only does Sarah get in my way but Odin... I don't know how people with MULTIPLE boxers do it... you know with living in the hospital! lol
They are both too cute to yell at though! lol

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've said it before, I'm convinced Tink is trying to trip me up so I break my neck and she can inherit the house... when I'm walking down the stairs; she's there, when I'm carrying a pile of clean clothes out to the line; she's there, when I'm carrying (hot!!!!) dinner plates from the cooker to the table, she's there...

The dog from "Dilbert" springs to mind...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol....our babies are schemers...or they just love us that much. I'd say its the 2nd one because boxers are such big lovers. I wish my boyfriend would be more like her....maybe not the following part...that'd be creepy. They make me think....if people were more like boxers, the world would be a better place.

·
Registered
342 Posts
both of my boxers are "velcro dogs"  it is great except when I am cooking.  the older one has crawled up in my lap while I am posting this.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Both Gunnar and Ginger follow me everywhere I go.  Right now, they're both sleeping at my feet.  And yes, if I get up and go somewhere else in the house, they'll go sleep there.  And if I go outside, them doggie doors will be flyin!!!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Beckham takes turns following us.

During the week when he's at work with Morgan, he follows her, and on weekends he follows me.

He doesn't like when I'm upstairs on the computer when he's playing downstairs - I ALWAYS hear little thumps of his feet up the stairs shortly after I come up, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts