Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT!!! Before I post the pics, here's my disclaimer, we aren't in the habit of giving alcohol to the dogs, as a matter of fact, Angel really seems to like Booze, so we have to be very careful that none is left where she can get to it....Anyways, we were BBQ'ng Sat and Marq was having a glass of red wine, set it down and that girl made a beeline for it :roll: Marq grabbed the glass off of the railing and sat down on the grass, of course Angel is all over him for a drink, or two or three, whatever she can get...What a little lush she is :lol:

I heard it's full of antioxidents, must be good for me

Yummy Dad, can I have some more?

Oh please Dad!!!

Good to the last drop

Samson on the other hand sticks his nose up at all alcoholic beverages, you could put them in front of him and he would decline :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Haha!  Too funny!  If its ok for us it can't be that bad for them.  I don't think a few drops would hurt, just don't let her get too tipsy   :wink:

That is really funny though that she likes it so much.   :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thats cute...Duke likes beer, if Adams friends come over he will try and lick the top of their bottles.  My friend has a beagle that every time she even has a drop of beer she has sneezing fits.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Haha...I think we need to send Angel and Maddie to the same meetings!  :p  I can't pop open a beer in this house without her all over me or whoever does the popping! She absolutely goes nutz over the smell of beer, even nutsier than cheese if that says anything.
Those pics are great. Angel looks wonderful getting her daily dose of antioxidents!  :lol:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
8O Marq has a young kenny rogers/kris christopherson thing goin on, Willow.. :D

those pics are too cute!! i love Angel she's so so pretty !!!  thats a riot !!!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If the bottle becomes empty a little quicker now days you know where to look, or at least who to shift the blame too :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Angel is so pretty, she deserves a little sip.  I spilled some beer one time and Kiah was all over it before I could get it cleaned up, not sure about wine.  She does think all food or drink I put in my mouth should be in hers too :lol:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
But wine is just grape juice, sort of. :think:   Grapes cause kidney failure don't they?   :eh:
Maybe I'm just a big worry wart! :-S

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Too cute!!!  After Saturday Night's Sake infusion all my dog had to do on Sunday was literally lick me and I swear they'd get drunk - it was a bad and Long Sunday!   Sake - no good.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
When I used to drink and when Charlie was younger, I'd give him a little beer.  I'd pour a little puddle on the porch and let him lick it up.  Probably only an ounce or two total.  Since then, I've read it's bad for them so I quit giving it to them.  But, we don't have to worry about that anymore, because I gave up drinking no there's no booze in the house!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I actually had a question regarding the beer.
I remeber someone awhile back posting that they give there dog a cap full of beer or non-alcoholic beer for minreals and whatnot but I read that Hops inparticular can cause  malignant hyperthermia. So does the cooking process relieve the chemical properties of this? Jsut curious.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"102222 said:
Marq has a young kenny rogers/kris christopherson
Come on be good to the Legend! It's "kris kristofferson" :lol:

Anyway, that's funny Pele won't touch the stuff either. It's funny every now and then she'll try it again then the bubbles get her and she runs the other direction!! I love to offer just for the reaction!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Marq really does have that Kris Kristofferson look going on!  :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I had a horse once that would almost attack us for beer.  He would drink it right out of the bottle, by turning his head sideways and cracking open his lips on the side facing up.  He was hilarious!  Don't worry, he only got the last couple of sips in the bottle.  He also liked Coca-Cola and green grapes, which he got tastes of if he did well at the horse shows I took him to.   :D   There must be something in beer that really attracts animals -the hopps maybe?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hahahaha, now the song has to be re-written "whiskey for my men, beer for my horses......wine for my boxer" Angel is such a cutie :lol:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Delila loves coffee, we can't put a cup down anywhere, that huge tongue laps it up in seconds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts