Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

My new boy Tito

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  PhoenixsMom 
#1 ·
I just got a boxer last week. I previously used to have one named Ali in India. I was originally looking for a Boston Terrier but saw him and just had to get him, he looks exactly like Ali and reminded me of him instantly. I've had him for about a week now and he's very much like Ali personality wise. Very calm and well behaved even around other dogs. He's very quiet just like Ali was and only barks when he needs to. If he sees other dogs even if they're barking he just puffs up his chest and stands there looking at them. Here are some pictures he's 11 months about 55-60 pounds and about 21" at the withers. I know that falls within the standard but am wondering if he'll get bigger. Ali was about the same age when I had to leave them and after about a month he was stolen from my family.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, so glad you were able to post pictures.  Tito is a handsome guy.  He probably will put on some more weight and then as he gets older 18mos - 2years they will broaden through the chest.  All boxers are different so it is hard to say how big he will get.

#13 ·
thanks for all the replies guys. This forum is very lively just like many of our dogs. I was on the Boston Terrier forums previously when I was looking for one and they were DEAD. I'd post something and be lucky to have 2-5 replies a week later. And they're supposed to be Americans #1 breed. Anyways thanks once again

#14 ·
Welcome to you and Tito, such a handsome boy :) Genetics plays a role in the way your Boxer turns out, but it's not written in stone that if he comes from tall parents he will be as well....Generally by the time they are 18 mos, they have achieved their height, then they start really filling out..Standard for males is 22 1/2" to 25"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.