Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Just wanted to share my new technique to solve the crying problem while Roxy is in her cage.

My girlfriend has a 2 year old lab mix. Basically if you fold a blanket and put it on the floor, her dog will sleep on it...no matter where ahhaha. Anyway, i put Roxy in her cage last night and put the blanket right next to her cage so Izzy, my girlfriends dog, would be right next to the cage to keep her company! She moaned for a second but was quiet the rest of the night! I was thrilled!

My question is, can i do this for  while to get her comfy in there, or will this just make it so she expects company every night?

Thanks!

-Matt

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
When we were crating Blitzen we learned pretty quick that if her crate was in the room Donner was in all would be well. She would quiet down quickly and just sleep or chew her favorite toy/bone. If she couldn't see him.......HOLY COW bark, cry, chew on the crate, everything she could think of. If it's a possibility I'd keep the Izzy within sight of Roxy easier on everyone. I think Blitzen was just afraid she might miss something fun that her big brother was doing hahahaha!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know but maybe you can gradually start inching the blanket away from the crate to where she can eventually sleep on her own. Might be worth a try.  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh we tried that, put the crate in the living room so Angel & Samson would be there, didn't work a bit....We actually let Flick sleep in the bed with us, didn't make a sound all nite :) Best nite of sleep I have had in 3 wks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts