Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you may remember that I had lost my bearded dragon Dewey late last year. I still miss him to this day, but last week I ended up bring a new one home. A little girl that I've named Ember. When I was looking for my new one I knew that I wanted a yellow citrus leatherback. Non negotiable. That's what I wanted and that's what I had to have! That was until I saw Ember! She's a leatherback, but is more of a red/orange color. I have no idea what she'll look like as an adult. Dewey changed a lot so I'm expecting the same from Ember.

She's a great eater and although still just a little shy she has come out of her shell a LOT. She's starting to really enjoy being handled and bath time. Tonight she had her first real playtime out of her cage as I let her run around the room. She's a very sweet little girl. :)

Last Saturday I weighed her and she weighed in at 44 grams and she measured 10.5" long from tip to tip. I'll be taking new weights and measurements every Saturday. She's going to grow very fast!

So anyway, here are some pics of my new little girl.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
She's beautiful. How big will she get? What is their typical lifespan?

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I'm having such a blast with her. She's such a sweetheart! :)

She's beautiful. How big will she get? What is their typical lifespan?
I'm not sure how big she'll get. I'm guessing about 20", but she could be smaller or a bit bigger. Dewey was about 23" from tip to tip and at his heaviest he weighed 613 grams. He was a big boy! Their normal life span is similar to boxers, roughly 10 years. Dewey was only 4 years when I lost him. He was a translucent morph which is basically a genetically defective morph. They are known to have health issues, but I was unaware of that when I brought him home. I'm also finding out some bad things about the breeder I got him from. I thought they were reputable and read a lot of good things about them when I was researching, but now I know better.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Mandy your new baby is a cutie pie and I too think her name suits her; looking forward to all the growing stages with pics!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I got my baby beardie in October. This was my second beardie after my first pet of my very own named Booger passed on just before. Was devastating cause he was the best little guy out there! He would literally just chill with you. Loved him. Unfortunately he had a spinal deformation and never grew, and became paralyzed and passed on.

My new beardie is coming up on a year old here and he looked almost exactly like your little guy now except I got him a little older (Was already about 4 months old when I got him). We just named him actually this morning to Toothless after the disney movie (Dragon was his name until then)In terms of color questions my beardie has been growing A LOT so some part of his body is almost always shedding at any given point and time so he has the grey hue to his skin, so his colors are hard to see all at once. However, he has maintained some pretty strong orangey/red markings.

This was Booger (My first beardie):

This is a photo of my new little guy when I got him. The colors don't show all too well but he was being goofy! Makes me laugh every time I see it.

This is him now. He's showing off his beard too, he darkened it up, but he isn't ever aggressive he just loves showing it off sometimes. Never has he ever struck at me, I give him his space when he sheds though cause he gets grumpy. I just love his eye:

You can see his size a little better in these two photos. His tail goes all the way from the tip of my index finger to above my elbow. In the second photo you can see him laying on my shoulder.

Enjoy your beardie!!! He looks amazing right now!!!
Beautiful colors!

·
Registered
66 Posts
She is so beautiful! Our Blazer is almost seven...hard to believe! He's such a sweetie, but slowing down and acting a little more like an old man lately. I don't have a picture of him on this computer, but will find one and share.

Ember is so lovely!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts