Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
just thought i'd share with you photos of my other "non boxer" pets!

This is 'Turbo' he is an Eastern Water Dragon (found in the eastern states of australia)

This is 'Bitey' he is also an Eastern Water Dragon

This is 'Hamish' he is a Thick-tailed Gecko (found widely across australia, his background is from the Flinders Ranges in South Australia)
Hamish is the lighter one, the darker one is their normal coloring and she was on loan from a friend for breeding

This is 'Humphrey' he is a Centralian Python (found in the southern parts of the Northern Territory (the center of Australia))

This is 'Ella' she is a Murray Darling Carpet Python (found in Victoria and South Australia, she is a South Australian form)

can you tell i have a fascination with reptiles!!!  :)

i want so many more but my girlfriend says im not allowed!!!  :(

we also have 2 pairs of pet rats (Claire & Clarence, Cindy & Calvin)
they are our pets but also provide us with lots of babies for reptile food

hope you enjoy the pics!

Matt

·
Registered
45 Posts
oh hi there!!! myself and my partner have a trio of red ackies(spiney tailed monitors) 10 royal pythons(ball pythons) 4 cameleons(panthers,blues)green tree snake,a natalenses(rock)...thats not as many as we used to have!!!my partner paul has written for reptile magazines..had his pictures published in mags and a ball python book in america...here is his website addy...www.natureseye.co.uk       we have all sorts of piccys on there including our native adders!! in the gallery you will also see some of our reptiles...enjoy!!! michelle xx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omg!!!  sooo jealous!!!!   i wish we were allowed exotics in AUS!

i so want chameleons and iguanas!!!

when you say green tree snake do u mean green tree snake or green tree python?

very very nice website!  sooo jealous!  got some excellent pics up there!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might i just say i have just finished looking through your pictures and i am in tears of jealousy!!   you are sooo lucky!  you have some awsome specimens there!!!  
are those blue phase green tree monitors part of your collection? or are they someone elses? they look fantastic!

well done and i must commend you and your partner on the excellent photos!

you are reminding me of myself!   boxer puppy, keen intrest in reptiles and in photography by the looks of it!
its me all over!  lol!

well done!  and thanks for sharing!!

Matt

·
Registered
45 Posts
:D hi matt,we have a green tree python....it is lush!!! mega yellow and its eyes are amazing!!! as for the blue and green monitors they are a friends,my favourite are the blue ones!!! i love all our reptiles,i find them amazing...my favourites of our collection are the chams,i have one male who is very close to my heart!! he is called houdini(i hope that is how you spell it) after the magician...as he is always doing a dissappearing trick!!! and then there are the ackies..we have 2 girlies and one male..he is called hanibal(after hanibal lecture) and the girls are called....youve guessed it!!! clarece and starling!!!(probably havent spelled that right either!!!) ai was just speaking to my faher in oz and he said you could have chams and that if you got a licence...?? are they hard to get and expensive? anyway bye for now...michelle x x

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey michelle!
the only way you can get exotics into australia (non natives) is to have a zoological permit/license.  which basically means you have to own a zoo.....

i have looked into this and it is in no way possible for the average keeper in the herp hobby!  :(

unfortunate but thats the way it goes.....

im sure you could get them on the side and keep them off license, but in my opinion it is not worth the risk!  if you get caught with them you loose them, you loose your entire collection of reptiles and you loose your license for ever....   and thats ontop of a massive fine and jail time!

your ackies are cute! and i love their names!!!  good thinking!!!

i was considering getting some a while back but i decided now that my wants list will consist of:
Female 'Boordarie' Woma
then a mate for bredli
a mate for my MD
a mate for the woma (if i get one)
a permanent female (or 2) for the thicktail gecko
and possibly 3 female water dragons for the boys outside

you know how it is! soooo addictive!

ive had the water dragons for nearly 3 years and have only been keeping snakes and the gecko for about 6 - 7 months!  so still reasonably new to the hobby!  how long have you been on the scene?

·
Registered
45 Posts
before my partner and i got together 4 and a half years ago he was already into keeping reptiles big time!!! he had everything from bosc monitors to burmese pythons...i cant even list the amount he had!!! but he made his collection alot smaller when he moved in with me due to lack of room!! so i have been into as long as ive been with him.......one snake  would luvvvvv is a diamond backed carpet!! and yeah a woma!!! and our poor natelenses has just lost his girlie on christmas day...we were gutted...hettie had been gravid for some time..we counted the days that she was overdue..eventually due to worry of loosing her we had to intervene...she passed a fair few eggs..but they had gone funny..gutted....then 3-4 weeks later she died...we were really upset..but life goes on..on a lighter note the funniest animals we had were my bearded dragons....i had monty,nutter,julia,rufus and last but defo not least my georgey boy..thy were so funny!!! especially when the boys were showing off to the girls!!! bobbing heads madly!! hehehe..another fav of mine was our iggy,paul my partner had taken her in as a rescue,she had only been fed on a segment of orange a day!! no greens!! and her previous owners had let her out on their long haired carpet..needless to say it had wrapped over time around her toes...the toes died and fell off,when she came to paul she was riddled in mites,she was all twisted and bent as they werent feeding her right or had the right lighting!!!! but paul nursed her back to health...she was a funny character she had a thing about my cat!! i swear they were in love!! wow i just noticed that as im writing this outside it is snowing again!! cooolllllll !!!!! rossi boxer boy went out in it this morning...he didnt know what to make of it at all...he hd a field day though!!! anyway gone too long now!!! bye michelle x x x

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wow- I love all the creative names... especially Hamish. Do all these animals have personalities like our dogs do?
~Anne

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an 8 year old iguana as well and she definitely has personality.  I have to admit though, I am a little wary of letting Braddock meet her because I don't think he has enough patience to leave her be and I'm thinking it will only get ugly from there.  Sooner or later, I'll post a pic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey anne, the certainly do have personalities! theyre all so different!

michelle, glad to hear about the successful rearing back to health of the iguana! thats great!  ive got some friends who take rescues etc and its sad but they dont all end happily like that!   but thats life i guess!

good to hear you would like a woma!  theyre great!   the ones i want are a locality in Western Aust (Boordarie)  not sure if you would be able to find them over there, i think they are reasonably new in captivity and since our export laws have changed.....    but they are so cool if you can find them!
they have very distinct chocolate/cream bands and they only grow to just over 3ft!  a long way short of theier cousins the Uluru and Tanami Womas that can grow over 7ft!!!

heres a pic, im sure you will fall in love as i have!!!!

well, im off to work!!    byeees!

Matt

(Click on this link for pic)
http://www.aussiepythons.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3604&d=1163295006

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm afraid there's no reptiles with us! Just our 4 cats (Sylvester, Matilda, Gizmo and Tootie), my rat called Mr Humphries, a rabbit called Dylan and a tropical fish tank! Oh, and of course Daisy!
It is quite a full house we've got!

Heather

·
Registered
45 Posts
paul has added you to his msn so you guys can chat loads about repitles!!!! hehehe...and he can send you piccys and stuff..byeeeeeeee michelle x x

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good michelle!

i got one come through about someone new adding me and i clicked ok, but i cant see him on my list....   hmmmm  maybe i clicked cancel by mistake??  hmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts