Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was heart braking.  We had some guys at our house that were laying tile and in order to do this they had to take the back door off.  Well I don't even own a kennel because I never ever have to kennel her but after this I think I will be getting one for times like these.  Well Macy of course wanted to be right in the middle of things she thinks she is the boss when it comes to house work.  So because of this the tile guys called me and informed me that they were unable to tile because she kept getting into the tile and she should be walking on top of it.  They had to call to tell me that they were forced to tie her to a fence and that was all they could do.  This was at 11am this morning and I was upset all day thinking that my poor baby was tied to a fence.  They were really good to her and gave her lots of water but I still couldn't stand it.  So about 2 pm I couldn't take it any more so I took the rest of the day off to take her to the park.  We had a great time but my Macy was so sad when I got home and didn't know what to do with herself since she is never restrained.  I thought about putting her in a room but she claws at the doors because, again, she is not used to being away from the rest of the family and does not like being by herself.  They tile guys will be back tomorrow so my husband is taking half a day to spend with her and I will be taking the other half.  It is amazing what all you will do for your pets.  I will by the time this is done have taken one full day of my PTO all for my dog.  She is worth every minute.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Aww, it will soon be over! And stuff will be back to normal for Macy! Yeah you never know when you are gonna hafta to have her in a confinded space.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
At least it is only for one more day and then things will be back to normal.  She will have a great day tomorrow and it will make up for today.  If you do get a kennel make it a special fun place for her so she doesn't mind going in.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had planned on getting her a kennel for when we go camping but I thought that was going to be a couple of weeks off because the one I want for her is around $350

G

·
0 Posts
doesn't it just break your heart when we our babies are subjected to hard circumstances?  i would have had to take the day off too.

she'll be ok with daddy tommorow.

·
Registered
893 Posts
That is one expensive crate. Are you sure it is not a castle for the little princess. I bet your heart just broke when you saw her tied to the tree.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Poor Macy, i bet the dog park cheered her up though and so will her having a whole day with mum and dad. :D
Gotta love our dogs! :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Rotflmao..I had to share this with Marq, he's a tile setter and many a house that he has done I think he's spent more time playing with the dogs than setting tile(joking)....Macy just wanted to supervise the work and keep them in line :lol:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My tile guy has been very good with her.  He doesn't mind her supervising unless she is getting into something she shouldn't be.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woo Hoo, now Macy needs another job to supervise :lol: How did it turn out?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts