Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

My poor Jessie sick

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  sumyasmom 
#1 ·
Alright so yesterday my boyfriend and I woke up to a house full of poop. Poop was all over the place no lie. There was about at least 3 big spots on the couch, then about the same on the rug, 6 little spots of poop on the rug also. Then when I came home from work thinking everything was gone I found some more behind the tv and under my computer desk which I just found as my foot touched it. Now thats a little gross. At first I thought it was my cat, but then came to realize Jessie is not pooping at all she is trying to but nothing is coming out.

I have no idea what is wrong with her. Also she was acting weird this morning around 2am so Ian brought her out to see if she needed to poop, but still nothing. When he came in we realized she pooped on the rug again in 2 spots. I called the vet today and they almost didnt let me come in with her but I have appointment at 11:20. I hope everything is going to be fine with her. After I made the appt. we went to lye in bed and then she puked on me and the sheet. So I had to wash the sheets. I hope my Jessie get better soon

#6 ·
Sending healing vibes your way. I hope jessie is feeling better soon!  :D

#7 ·
Ham bones can certainly do it....Can cause symptoms similiar to the stomach flu....They will continue to act as if they have to poop but nothing will come out because of the loose stool.  That is a pretty normal reaction.  They feel like they have to go but nothing is there to come out.....If there are no worms then she probably needs some good stomach med's like Metronidazole to fix things back to normal.....

Hope she is feeling better soon and remember to keep her hydrated.  GatorAid works great for that!

#8 ·
awwww im so sorry shes feels yukky...and ive done that same thing finding poop with your foot not knowing..haha so gross...

i hope you find out whats going on....hugz from us

#9 ·
Really sorry to hear Jessie's ill......sounds pretty gross too 8O  (I am now kicking myself for exceptionnally giving Voltaire a raw ham bone yesterday :roll: )
Not pleasant but at least it's coming out and not all blocked up inside i suppose :? Good luck with the visit to the vets and hope she feels better very soon (for you and her...there's only so much cleaning poop that one can stomach :wink: )

#11 ·
sorry jessie is not feeling well! i have been there  before with the poop all over the place  thing. ICK!!!  probably was the ham bone, hope she feels better, keep us updated!

#13 ·
Well the vet said it was the ham bone that caused everything. She said there is to much fat in the bone she never do it again. So they placed her on a diet for a few days until she is back to normal. They also gave her sucralfate, and amoxitabs. I'm sure she will be better very soon. Thanks to all for the concern

#14 ·
glad to hear she will be better soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.