Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright!!! I must vent! I'm so sick of people foolishly breeding dogs for the sake of breeding dogs.  I visit Kijiji.ca almost everyday just for something to do and there's so many morons on there "looking for a stud" or "handsome boxer for stud" or "looking for a boyfriend for my girl".  The majority of these dogs aren't papered or purebred.  There was woman wondering if there'd be interest for her shepherd/pit X and lab/pit X puppies.  There's sooooo many BYB, it makes me sick to my stomach! It's idiots like this that contribute to the negative stereotypes of breeds like the Am. Staffs and Rottweillers.  There's no thought behind their "breeding" and they don't even consider health testing! And don't even get me started on these stupid "designer breeds" they make; (bugle, puggle, chi-pom, [insert any ridiculous made up breed here]).  Most can't even spell their breeds correctly which clearly proves they really know nothing about the breed and couldn't even be bothered to open a d^mn book! It makes me sick to think of all of the unwanted and needlessly destroyed dogs created by these idiots! If breeding were left up to the real professionals there'd be less negative stereotypes, less homeless dogs, and stupid people wouldn't be owning dogs!

END RANT!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the world of dogs..Sadly it happens more than we would like and unfortunately you can educate some, but not all...

·
Registered
291 Posts
i feel your pain , its ridiculous!!!

i made the mistake of saying once i wanted a girlfriend for tyson i only meant another dog for him in the house not for breeding purposes i got him a brother - ouch i really stuck my  foot in my mouth that time!!!  :roll:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"120321 said:
Welcome to the world of dogs..Sadly it happens more than we would like and unfortunately you can educate some, but not all...
I wish there was a better way to educate people, at least those who don't really understand what they are doing but would change if they did.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Our new puppy (my bf bought him) is a EB/BT mix. We don't call him anything weird..just a mix...exactly what he is...but he did pay quite a bit for him...however the reason he did buy him is b/c we wanted an english bd but were hesitant about the possible health problems. Although I don't agree with byb, all these crazy "designer dogs" etc., this mix happends to work for us and we love him like crazy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, nothing like seeing an ad for a ROCKweiller stud!  I'm no fan of over-regulation, but i reallyl wish something could be done about these people.  Maybe making the selling of mutts for profit illegal, or requiring all non-breeding (pure and mixed) dogs be fixed?  I know there's nothing we can do about it, but it's nice to dream!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
LMAO Doodle..i hate tht too.."ROCK wyler" hahaha so sad !!! or dovermin...uhmm ya cant even spell your dogs breed? hahahahha

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yeah, I def. think there needs to be some tighter regualtions on breeding. You should need to pass a course and obtain a licsense or something...
Another thing making me nuts right now....
Our neighbors (and my bf's friends) have two EBDs ..the female is only about 9-10 months. They think she's PREGO!!!!!! I love these dogs and I plead with them all the time to get them fixed...I'm so upset. My bf originally wanted one of teh puppies ..I'm like.... no way!!!!!! I'm not supporting that.
I thought Bulldogs couldn't breed naturally though...?

·
Registered
32 Posts
What makes a person a professional??? No one person can know everything about a certain breed(s).  Also I do not agree with idiot designer dogs either.  But most of all breeds were made for a specific function that contributed to daily life/survival in the past and now are used for???? what exactly? Pets.... they are our companions.  We love them dearly, but you act like this is a new development or something.  It has been happening for centuries.

No need to get upset over something that is not within your control.... whew... just relax :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
My boss bought a puggle from a breeder in CO... he was so proud of his decision to get a PUGGLE.  I didn't get it.  I still don't.  Now he complains that he's having issues housetraining her among other things.

·
Registered
32 Posts
FREDOSMOM\";p=\"120470 said:
Yeah, I def. think there needs to be some tighter regualtions on breeding. You should need to pass a course and obtain a licsense or something...
Another thing making me nuts right now....
Our neighbors (and my bf's friends) have two EBDs ..the female is only about 9-10 months. They think she's PREGO!!!!!! I love these dogs and I plead with them all the time to get them fixed...I'm so upset. My bf originally wanted one of teh puppies ..I'm like.... no way!!!!!! I'm not supporting that.
I thought Bulldogs couldn't breed naturally though...?
My sister-in-law is a registered breeder of American and OE Bulldogs.... and no.... the English rarely (if ever) deliver without c-section... something with their hip width that prevents it

·
Registered
32 Posts
[quote="laura11982\";p=\"120487":2nq1od16]My boss bought a puggle from a breeder in CO... he was so proud of his decision to get a PUGGLE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts