Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God, I miss him. I can’t breathe, I can’t walk into the house & not cry when he’s not here to say hello & shake his cute little wiggle-butt booty, I can’t laugh without immense guilt, mostly though, I can’t believe he died in my arms 5 days ago.

I should be with him. Is he alone? Is he scared? Is he cold? Is he hungry? Are there treats where he’s at? Does he miss me as much as my heart & soul long for him? Is he lost & searching for me in the dark? I want him next to me. It is THE MOST excruciating pain. Nothing will ever be the same until we find one another. Does anyone have directions or a map as I can’t seem to find my way.

God got it all wrong. He should have given humans short, (puppy-like) lifespans & given puppies long (mean) h
uman lifespans. Seems like the mean, undeserving humans always seem to live on forever. So not fair!!!! 😌
93FFB526-91F0-440C-AAAC-172A7BAFF277.jpeg
E2C88A52-7161-440F-893D-16F1C7A6E2CC.jpeg
6C6B40AC-8D56-4915-9E8F-AA3D8FA01617.jpeg

·
Registered
514 Posts
I know this pain too well. I lost both of my beloved fur kids within six months of each other so I hear you. I am so sorry you lost your beloved dog. Unfortunately there are several people on this forum who have had that pain as well and its not an easy one to deal with. The empty house no one there who thinks you are the best thing in the world just because you came in the door. I know. But the thing that has helped me is my belief in the power of God he made all things so I think he made dogs as special companions and help mates in the often cruel and violent world we live in. I think dogs have a soul and they go to Heaven as they are not capable of the sins humans are I think if we make it there they will be waiting for us and yes I believe they are happy and playing again. I also believe although you can't see them they are always with us living in our hearts and memories so they are never lost to us. It took me a long time to get over this and to this day I am not completely healed I did get two more boxers a year apart and having someone to give my love to was a big help but I only got them when I was ready. You will be ready eventually, its not replacing the one you lost its providing a home for a dog who is already here and needing the love you have to give. Your dog would not want you to be suffering he would want to know another dog is comforting you and being your best friend in his place. Again I am so sorry.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Condolences to you on your lost, It's a very hard thing to lose a "Boxer", you could say it's a Gift that other dog owners do not know about. You are lucky, you experienced owning a Boxer. Right now the only thing that will help is time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awww such a cute sweet doggie. Sad sad times, big hugs and condolences to you.

RIP Duke—have fun chasing those butterflies over the rainbow bridge.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
OK, that photo of your boy with the oxygen tube in his nose ... truly breaks my heart! But it also say's that you did everything that you could! And sadly dog's just don't live that long and they often drop by the way side on our long journey thru live ... that is "Just The Way It Is." :(

If it's been five day's thus far?? I can tell you that right now ... you are in the worst stages of grief! Typically the most intense feeling's of grief last about two week's???

If an "intense" feeling of lost goes beyond about "two week's??" Your in serious trouble and you need help from professionals! Trust me of this, grief and despair can "consume you!" And your dog would not want that to happen to you!

He would not want you to be unhappy?? Bring you joy was his whole point of being with you?? But if you fall into a deep dark hole of despair?? Then his life with you was for not ??

And yes it is "hard to bear the loss," right now.", but as trite as it may sound ... the pain of loss
will lessen with ti. And day the tears' of sadness at his loss, will be replaced by tear's of joy when you remember the "Good Time's," of your life together!

And this is what my Baby Girl Struddell said tome when she had to leave me on life's journey ... maybe it help's??

Goodbye Baby girl Struddell 11/25/2013

And please stick around ... lot's of us find our way "here," thru a trail of tear's, it's kinda of a Boxer thing ... apparently?? And again sorry for your loss. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I am a very stoic individual. Have lost family members and been “the rock” for everyone in the family during those times. About a year ago I lost my buddy Paco to lymphoma after fighting it balls to the wall every possible treatment he finally had enough and I took him to be put to sleep. I had thought I’ll be fine I’m good. But there is just a bond with a boxer that you get That only people that have owned them and truly let them in know.. and I was a disaster. I was 40 years old had barely shed any tears in my life and I could not stop crying over my friend I lost. I wondered if I would ever get over it. When I picked up his ashes I felt like I wasn’t going to be able to walk out of the vet. Had never experienced anything like this in my entire life. About six months it took me to be able to look back at pictures. Then about four months ago I got a puppy, daz. And I can’t tell you how much seeing that little dude run around and play with pacos old toys has healed me. The little guy reminds me of my old boy so much. I look back now and am so grateful I got to experience what I did with paco. Even through his four month battle with cancer that dog was happy and loving and never complained. He didn’t even complain his last night he just couldn’t eat or drink and looked at me and said dad I’m done. Take care of me. 40 years and the biggest life lessons and most I ever learned about myself was from a boxer I had for 6 good years and I helped battle cancer for 4 months. I had lost a boxer before but he was 10 and went naturally. I have a 10.5 year old girl named tootie who has cardiomyopathy and she has started to show signs her days are numbered. My point is Revel in the blessing you had to love a boxer. Things will get better. I told myself so many times the only way out is through. It takes time. I wish you the best. And everything will get better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts