Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Mystery health concern

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  rossjulie 
#1 ·
Hank often dreams - complete with kicking, snoring, yelping, etc ❤

Tonight, the kitty was acting odd next to Hank and I could hear Hank in his dream state. I wanted to catch the interaction on video and in the dark opened up my camera. I saw that he wasn't sleeping and was shaking and wobbly. When he finally got up then he couldn't walk straight. I got a short bit of it on video. Any thoughts? He seems to be doing okay now. My poor boy. He is almost 9 and other than allergies (which y'all have helped tremendously) I believe is healthy. Thank you!
New video by S. Foos

#3 ·
Oh no poor boy! I would definitely show that to the Vet for sure. Has he ever done that just getting up from sleeping? That does kinda look like a seizure its definitely something wrong there. Its a good thing you filmed that because its much easier for the Vet to see it for themselves. I would keep a close eye on him all weekend until you can get an appt.

#12 ·
So sorry to read that, prayers and best wishes for a good outcome.
video reminds me of bassett hound we had many years ago. Developed seizures when older but to be honest not sure his age, possibly 7+. Turned out to be epilepsy. Medication helped for a while.

#14 ·
So so so sorry. That hole in your heart never closes, but does lessen as you keep the memories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.