Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this puppy and natural ears topic. My 12 wk old pup’s ears seem to stand up and fold forward in what is probably a Button type, rather than laying to the side of his head.
Is this something that will change as he ages or is this a form of fly nun ears and in need of taping? 2C740558-59AB-45FB-8CBF-CF1645F0FB27.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Your puppies ears are natural I don't think taping is going to make any difference in their appearance. As the puppy ages his head will spread out some and his ears may thicken as well to fall down more naturally he will probably always have that ears up look but it won't be as bad as he ages. He is very cute! I have a friend who's boxers ears do this and its most noticeable when she is concerned or excited about something. It never goes away so just enjoy him like he is!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am reading about taping and viewing the demo vids but there is no mention how many hours a day, weeks etc.
I have taped two days for about eight hrs each day and it seems to be working, although the ears seem to change positions lack and forth.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
You leave the tape on as long as possible until the teething stage is over. Usually 12-16 weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts