Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 5 weeks of vet visits ($$$), and numerous food changes due to a terrible allergy, we finally found a food that Gino is eating and isn't itching anymore.  Nature's Logic.
The problem is that his poop is terrible now.  I think the Nature's Logic may be too rich for him.  He's been on the Nature's Logic for about 3 weeks and hasn't pooped solid once during that time.
I'd HATE to start going through more food trials and chancing the allergy coming back.
Does anyone know of a food that isn't as rich but is of the same high quality as Nature's Logic?

Thanks

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Did you do the food switch "cold turkey?" Meaning that you just stopped the old and started the new? Generally it's best to transition any food changes slowly. Having said that it very well could be to rich for Gino...I'm not familiar with the food, so pulled it up online, I see it has mutiple proteins, chicken, lamb, venison, duck & salmon...That many proteins could be more than Gino can handle....A lot of times a Premium food is too rich for Boxer bellies. You may want to try a single source protein food...I know a lot of people on here have had some great results with a line from Purina, for sensitive stomachs, so that may be an option

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone could recommend a lower protein, grainless food I would appreciate it.
Growing tired of trying so many different foods.

Again, the Nature's Logic has stopped the scratching but the soft(diareah) poop and horrible shedding is prompting another switch.

Help

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
well i just changed dungy to Blue Buffalo and it is holistic... he loves it... i more have an issue w/ him getting bored w/ his food

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had Gino on Blue Buffalo for about 6 months.  It was great until about a month ago he developed this terrible allergy.  Scratching like crazy.  We decided to do the food switch.  I'd love to go back to the Blue Buffalo though

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Timberwolf makes some good grain-free kibble, although only the Ocean Blue would probably be low protein.  Taste of the Wild's salmon formula is a similiar, cheaper option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts