Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know every boxer is different in size but lil Tyson is growing out of collars soooo quick!!! I know the collar I want to get him when he is full size but don't want to spend the money on one he is just going to outgrow so we have been buying cheaper ones until then. He is about to outgrow his 3rd collar now and his neck is around 13 1/2"  Here are the collar sizes for the one I want: Medium  14-20"/ Large 18-28" He could fit the medium now but i'm not sure if his neck will get bigger than 20" so I would like to know the size of your full grown, or pretty much full grown boxer neck. Tyson is going to be on the larger size I have a feeling. He is 4 months old and 32lbs so far and his dad was around 90lbs.

·
Registered
537 Posts
He is so cute. That is a great picture. I am of no help as I am not at home to measure. But my 4 month old is only 25 pounds. I have had her 4 weeks now and I have had to move the collar up 3 holes already. She has a fat neck too and actually has a huge roll that her collar gets caught on. hehe

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ashley is using a 14-20 inch adjustable collar right now ( 28 lbs at 4 months ). I have adjusted it once with this huge growth she is having, but would bet like your boy she will be in a large by one year. I too got frustrated with new collars every 2-3 weeks, and just got the adjustable one.
I am certain my full grown boxers in the past have topped out at 22" on collars, but they were smaller females. You still have the filling in stage ( chest , neck, ribcage spread ) to go through at 1-2 years, so you may want to wait on a sized collar till then. Check out the awsome collars that they sell here, I believe they are adjustable..and SOOOO cool looking to boot!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Voltaire's a good 21 inches at age 3 1/2. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the ones i've had so far have been adjustable and they've been adjusted out all the way. I guess a medium will last him for a while, at least until he is a year old. I just didn't want to buy this one and have to turn around and buy another one in a few months since the one i'm getting is kind of expensive but really want it now. It's a break away with a reflective strip around it. Thanks for all the info everyone!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lulu is 9 months and I just had to put her into the 18-28.   I up the width of the collar (for training)... I think she's in a 1.5 inch collar now...... she also weighs about 45lbs -- if not a little more.    She too is going through a growth spurt!!!   She's eating like a horse now..... we were feeding her 2 cups 2x per day..... she's now wanting more!    Feeding 3 cups now in the morning, but keeping it at 2 cups in the evening.  She's more hungry in the mornings.... that's her play time!!!    Was told that her daddy was about 100lbs and the mom was 90lbs!    I'm hoping she will stay at least under 80lbs..... but when she sits..... her chest is getting so broad!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lulu is 9 months and I just had to put her into the 18-28.   I up the width of the collar (for training)... I think she's in a 1.5 inch collar now...... she also weighs about 45lbs -- if not a little more.    She too is going through a growth spurt!!!   She's eating like a horse now..... we were feeding her 2 cups 2x per day..... she's now wanting more!    Feeding 3 cups now in the morning, but keeping it at 2 cups in the evening.  She's more hungry in the mornings.... that's her play time!!!    Was told that her daddy was about 100lbs and the mom was 90lbs!    I'm hoping she will stay at least under 80lbs..... but when she sits..... her chest is getting so broad!!!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts