Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy has a small growth on his neck/chin, looks like poison ivy on a human, except its covered in hair on him, just looks like  a mole kind of with 3 small heads on it. anyone have experience with this?? I have heard of them getting pimples on they're chins so this is my first time with this issue, never noticed it before.

can take a pic if anyone needs more clarification ...

thanks
Will and Lewis.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm not really sure what that could be, but I have heard that allergies are common in Boxers.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
It could be a number of things especially in boxers..When it comes to any kind of bumps or lumps I don't hesitate to have a vet check it out. It's better to be safe then sorry. Chloe had a break out of pimples on her chin when I first got her due to the plastic bowl I was feeding her out of. Dunno if that's the case with your puppy or not but if it is, might want to switch to a stainless steel bowl.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Pics would help...If the breakout is on the chin than I was going to say what ChloeBellesMommy just wrote about the bowls. Plastic bowls can hold bacteria which can be transferred to your dogs chin while eating. It is best to feed from stainless steel or ceramic bowls that are washed out every day. If that is not the case, I would get him in to the vet, or at least give a call. Boxers are prone to a lot of lumps and bumps and better to get them checked than to let them go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that makes sense being a reaction, he does drink out of a plastic bowl.
how would I get ride of a reaction?? creams or anything like that??

thanks
Will and Lewis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts