Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I live in NC, I have a almost 8 month, 3 generation, pure, flashy fawn who I looking to mate with similar charecteristics...
Don't know how to go about doing this, have stopped some people and wasked outright if they are interested???? Hasn't gone well, to say the least....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Any advice, is so appreciated!!!!

Huntersmom :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Re: Need advice and help looking for a girlfriend for my Box

well uhmm....if you approached boxer owners that love the breed they were im sure taken back by it b/c they went through ALOT of research ,time and money to get pups that were truely health tested in every sense of the words..the parents and generations were run through rigorous testing,also

so to simply approach someone that doesnt know you..they probably figuered you were looking to back yard breed ..which most boxer owners of registered boxers...will not condone b/c to say the least...we have all seen the after effects of said back yard breeders..and its a terrible thing

i am inondated with work right now and have a client walking in so i cant  elaborate b/c my mind isnt focusing on this..

so please someone else clearify for me..i dont want to sound rude and im afriad i might...and not mean to..il be back

·
Registered
422 Posts

First let me ask why you want to breed?

G

·
0 Posts

also, the main issue I see right now is that your male is only 8 months.  He should be AT LEAST 2 years prior to even think about breeding him as many of the health testings won't show until 2 years of age.

·
Registered
302 Posts

It's odd... you have the MALE... so the puppies would be born by somebody else's boxer, not yours... I'm surprised nobody picked up on that yet...

We've had owners of female boxers approach us about studing-out our male boxer (which we haven't done), but I can't imagine asking someone else to bear the burden of giving birth to puppies on their end.

What exactly did you have in-mind since you have the male?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts

OdinsDad\";p=\"101989 said:
It's odd... you have the MALE... so the puppies would be born by somebody else's boxer, not yours.
:rofl:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Whoa, didn't mean to offend anyone!!!!! I am not looking to breed, let's get this straight.... I am ONLY looking to find my dog a mate for a 1 time thing, then I will operate him... sorry if that offends anyone, but just want to let him has his fun, so to speak.....

I have no experience with finding him a girl, and just wanted some advice, not to offend.   My boxer is gorgeous, he is 7 months old and is 70 pounds.  He is also pure 3 generations and I have the papers to prove it.....
I wish people woundn't jump to conclusions, I love my dog, he's very special to me.... I wouldn't have joined this website if I had bad intentions....

Thank you Odinsdad, for understanding....

Huntersmom

·
Registered
3,939 Posts

huntersmom\";p=\"102004 said:
Whoa, didn't mean to offend anyone!!!!! I am not looking to breed, let's get this straight.... I am ONLY looking to find my dog a mate for a 1 time thing, then I will operate him... sorry if that offends anyone, but just want to let him has his fun, so to speak.....Huntersmom
Ahhh...the one time fling before the snip :)  There is no medical basis to allow a dog to breed "once" regardless if it is a male or female prior to having them altered.....If your intention is to have him altered and to not "father pups" then there is really no reason to allow him to breed.

Hope that made sense...It is late :)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

If you want him to have a one night stand it's still breeding, even if it's once.  Sorry you were offended but it's something many people (myself included) feel very strongly about, breeding to better the breed is the only reason a dog should be allowed to mate.  Take to heart what people have said in regards to appropriate age and health tests and really think if he is a good candidate.

·
Registered
693 Posts

Do the boy a favor and get him fixed. Kind of cruel don't you think to rub his nose in it and take it away. He won't know what he's
missing. :aua:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

Not to sound rude, so please dont take offense, but papers dont mean anything. I have papers on my girls, as do many people here have papers on their own dogs. Papers are just a way to keep track. Also b/c he is 3rd generation in whatever line he may be apart of isnt too much either.I only make remarks on these two area's b/c you make sure to state in the original post, and the reply that he is 3rd generation with papers. The reason why most peopl ask or make comments about health testing is b/c that is the responsible thing to do. If your not looking to breed then you shouldnt worry about finding mate, b/c he will never know what he is missing. Should you mate him at any point that could result in a litter which you state is not your intention. should this litter happen and he not be health tested and the bitch not be health tested you could potentially pass on health issues to the puppies.....no matter how healthy he appears now or even 2years from now....there is no way to find out about the potetial issues without the testing. IMO i wouldnt worry about letting him feel something that truly doesnt matter to him. I can tell you that a responsible boxer owner wont let you mate your dog with theirs, especially if he is under the age of 2. If you want to wait and do the testing that is necessary for responsible breeding/mating (however you want to put it), then wait til he is two yrs of age. During this time do research, talk to your local boxer clubs and get in touch with a reputable breeder and see if they can mentor. Even mating just once is a big responsibility and shouldnt be taken lightly. Once again, i dont want to sound rude, but these are the facts.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts

If he's neutered, he could still have fun? The one time thing would still be breeding as stated before... even just once. As Odinsdad (hubby) told me of this thread... I basically stated that people aren't okay with you coming up to them and asking them because MANY MANY people think of their boxer baby as their child and it's practically like saying. "Hey can my boy have a one night stand with your little girl?" Even for people who don't care about bettering the breed would find that approach offensive. Also... as hubby stated they'd be the ones dealing with the pups.

In my opinion he's too young and you yourself don't have enough information on breeding. I personally would just get him neutered. I also think my dog is gorgeous and I can track him 15 (I think it's 15, I have the file here some where... it's A LOT!!) generations back... yet he hasn't been shown... so I don't even know if he is in the standard and I haven't health tested him (can't do till 2 yrs old) to see if he'll pass anything on genetically that shouldn't be. So he will not be bred. He may not get to have that ONE moment of fun but he's a dog... not a human... and even still... it's not like they are chopping of his "male part" they are just making him sterile.

I would have to agree with you if it was the actual "male part" that they were chopping off!  :D  8O

·
Registered
302 Posts

Since there's no such thing as a "Boxer Brothel" to take him to, I see no reason to "mate him" with another Boxer for the purpose of "sowing his seed" shall we say.

I think your boxer will lead a productive, fun, healthy life without doing this deed (I see no need for it, and I'm a male!).  To my knowledge, there's no medical need for this either.  Just snip when the time comes (and I'd wait till after 1-year at least, but I'm old-fashioned and have nothing to base that on).

If your purpose was to produce puppies, that would be another subject for another day... but unless the target of your dog's one night stand was already fixed, you'd put the other owner's dog at risk of a liter.  I just don't see a need/reason for what you seek.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yeah I guess it is breeding isn't it???  Even if it is a one time deal, he is just so handsome, I felt his puppies would be beautiful....(look at his pics on the photo gallery, for bragging rights, under huntersmom) I wouldn't benefit from it, financially only for studding price.  I wouldn't make anymore money otherwise, I don't have the female.....
Unfortunately that is why I think people became offended and feel so strongly...I understand there are many sick people out there, I am not one of them. I love my Boxer, he's family, not a pet.

Just wanted some advice, not to offend...

Huntersmom

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

actually if you do the necessary health tests then you wouldn't make any money on the "studding fee" you may not even recoup the costs of that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Really, okay, but if I do decide to mate him, I will do all necessary testing.

Thanks Maples mom....

Huntersmom

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

Well, I guess the good news is, now you have over one year to research breeding and find a suitable mate if he is deemed "to standard" by professionals in the boxer circuit and passes his health testing :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Can you explain what it means to be deemed to standard by professionals in the boxer circuit?   What does that entail?

Huntersmom

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

my understanding is that means the dog has to be "show quality" even if you don't plan to show.  His features, square body and head, proper underbite etc.  you'd have to have a show judge look at him and tell you if he is to "standard"  I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will explain this better :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts

thank you guys..i am so sorry i sounded like i was tripping over my words..the phone kept ringing, and i had a client walking in the door but i wanted to answer..haha

now i dont need to say anything else except this

Isis is a direct product of a back yard breeder that cared nothing about health testing or the fact that she was a living breathing animal..and many others on here can also say the same about their babies...its a sad horrible thing ..

im glad everyone answered b/c my mind is twisted today ... lol...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts