Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we've just about exhausted the topic of food here, but I need some advice.  I'm going to switch Lola from Eukanuba to something else.  After research on here and websites, plus seeing what the local stores carry, I've narrowed it down to: Blue Buffalo, Nutro Natural, Nutro Max, Nature's Recipe, Royal Canin and Natural Balance.  What does everyone recommened?  (I tried Blue Buffalo before and she really didn't like it, so I'm not sure on that one.)  

Also, when I start the switch hopefully tomorrow morning what portions of old and new do I give her and for how long?

Thanks!!! :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
I recently started useing Flint River Ranch and really like what I have seen so far and my dogs INCLUDING Miss picky eater Gisselle LOVE the food!! I am useing the Fish and chips formula.
Jessica

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Usually its mostly old with a few pieces of the new then 75% old and 25% new, then 50/50, then 25/75 then 100 new food lol This is over a week or 2. I used Natural Balance with Roxy and it is a GREAT food. She did really well on it :lol:

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Alicia - PM me.   I know you live near, and can give you a good list of some smaller specialty stores that will give you a better selection for half the price you will pay for some of the OK kibble at Petco & Petsmart.

Like for instance.  Blue Buff is a great food, but for a 5 lbs bag petsmart sells it for 12.99.   I can get Canidae 5 lb for 7.99.   So I think the smaller stores offer better deals and wider variety!

·
Registered
61 Posts
We switched our lil monsters over to Natural Balance, and they really seemed to like it. Didnt have any problems switching it, and after a few weeks now their coats are starting to look a bit shinier as well. Seems to be doing very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts