Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I need some help!!!
Here's the scoop.....
I have an 8 month old boxer named Onyx. She's stereotypical, bouncy, hyper, 70 lbs of lap dog! Anyways, we train at home, everyday, and its a blast, but lately, in the past 3 or 4 weeks, everytime we try to teach Onyx a new command, she completely forgets her "down" command. We have tried this with several different commands, and its just the down command, and its with every new thing we attempt to show her. We have consulted a trainer about this, and the trainer told us not to worry about it (not sure how i feel about this), but looking for some advice, have any of you delt with this type of behaviour before?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice. We have tried using different treats and also incorporating the down with other commands, but to no avail.  For now we have stopped teaching anything new and have just been repeating everything she knows again and again and again and she is doing great. Im going to keep this up for a few more days and then try and slip something new in to see what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.