Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sophie will be 8 weeks old on Wednesday and I was wondering how long do I need to continue to soak her kibble?

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Lola is 7 months now and I still put a little water in her food.  I mix Canidea kibble with one teaspoon of wet and a little water.  I don't let it sit though so the kibble doesn't get mushy.  Now that I think of it I've actually never let it sit, only wet it down and I got her at 9 weeks.  Maybe something to try?  Good luck!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Hmmmm.  I would think that she is old enough to eat it dry.  Others may have some advice on reasons that are pro and con.  Fiona is 6 months old and has had her kibble dry since about 10 weeks old....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Q

Kate\";p=\"26451 said:
Sophie will be 8 weeks old on Wednesday and I was wondering how long do I need to continue to soak her kibble?  I mix the dry Canidae it with a little canned Canidae and a little pumpkin and water, wait about 10 minutes and then give it to her.  She seems to just like to lap up her food and not really even try and chew the kibble.  
Wow.  I have NEVER heard of soaking kibble for puppies.  Lots of puppies are weaned straight to a raw food diet, and that involves much larger chunks than kibble!    Also, dogs do very little chewing of their kibble - ninety-nine percent of it is wolfed down whole.  It's completely natural and shouldn't be a concern regarding choking.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I Wet Lilly's food, but don't let it soak.  I wet Penny's and give it around three minutes to start getting soft (she has a VERY soft mouth).

I agree with Alicia.  Try wetting it but not letting it go mushy and see if she like it that way...

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all very much.  I'll give that a try and see if that won't appeal to her.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't put any water in Merlin's morning food, but I put 1 teaspoon of plain, lowfat yogurt in his evening food. He is 9 months old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts