Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Need advice on re-homing

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  chip18 
#1 ·
I have posted before about the possibility of us needing to re-home our two lovely boxers due to moving countries. Well, after so much research, and tons of back and forth, this is very sadly, our reality right now.
This breaks my heart, so please, no nasty or judgmental comments. I am just looking for advice on how to go about this.
They are litter mates, 5 years old, male and female, fawn with flashes of white, no current or underlying health conditions. I am not interested at all in separating them, this would be awful. They are used to lots of love, and lots of space. I live in the Fraser Valley, im BC Canada. I don't want to send them to a rescue shelter, as I need to know who they go to, and make sure they're not separated. We are not in a major rush, but I figure the sooner I start looking, the more time I have to find the perfect home.

#2 ·
Have you reached out to boxer rescue? I understand not wanting to put them in a shelter, but at least if you reach out to a boxer rescue they can find a suitable foster mom and have them adopted as a pair. Sorry to hear you're having to do this, it would be very hard.

#4 ·
Thank you...I was worried even a Boxer rescue would separate them. I will contact them if need be, am really hoping I can find a family for them myself. But I guess the proper organizations will do the the best screening. It's so hard, wish there was a boxer-loving family on here looking for an older twosome. ?

#5 ·
Boxer Rescue Canada does look like a great organization! I know our rescue in Wisconsin is extremely picky about adoptees. They want the information about all past animals, and contact with your veterinarian. Location, fenced yard, and past experience with the breed are very important. The dogs spend time in foster homes throughout the state before they are put up for adoption so the experienced foster parents can determine what the "ideal" home would be for the incoming dogs. They want a forever home, and ask the dog be returned to them if there would be any problems. They didn't have any younger dogs available when we were looking. They're very hard to find, just a 3-year old female who would jump a 6 foot fence.
I've run into a couple veterinarians who have rescued Boxers with this organization. I'm sure you could get quite a few references, and hopefully positive feedback, by contacting them. Sorry you have to make such a difficult decision!

Boxer Rescue Canada

#6 ·
Please consider Boxer Rescue Canada, I adopted my Leo one year ago through Boxer Rescue Ontario. They are an amazing, dedicated organization and will ensure that your two dogs are rehomed together in the best home possible.
I am so sorry that you have to do this.

#7 ·
Thank you SO much for the extra information regarding Boxer Rescue Canada! I am going to contact them this week. It's not easier, but it's definitely more reassuring hearing positive things from members on here about them. Thank you ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.