Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I'm hoping I could get advice about my puppy's mange. He had mange when he was 3 months old, I brought him to the vet who treated him. Now he's going 5 months and recovering from the disease. I just want to ask everybody here if how long the hairs would go back on the puppy after recovering from mange? Most of the parts that were affected were his back and legs.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!

Poor baby...I think it will take about 1-2 months for the hair to grow back as long as it's being treated.

My mother's dog (a French Bulldog/Boston Terrier mix) has Demodex Mange and it takes about 1-2 months for her hair to grow back.  The only problem she has is she keeps loosing hair and probably will be all her life.  Everytime she starts loosing hair in patches my mom takes her back to the vet and the vet does a skin scraping and then puts her on some type of medicine and it clears up.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spoiledrottenboxers. I'm hoping it would go back to the way it was before. I did some research on the net, and found out that demodex mange has good prognosis if puppies were affected as compared to adults. I hope it would be too on my little boy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts