Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i had shared the story before of my one year old boxer who had eaten the padding underneath the carpet he was sick for about a week but eventually got over it - he has been doing okay since then but this last week has seemed to be sensative to his stomach - vomiting the next day after he eats- (i have kept him on a light diet )his vomit is yellowish/brown and smells very badly - what can this be? he is new to me so his behavior is still unknown. we have had him about 2 months or so my other boxer is healthy and happy????

·
Registered
882 Posts
Have you changed his food to a different brand cold turkey?....some boxers can handle the change cold turkey, while other are very sensitive to it

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO WE WERE FEEDING ROYAL CANIN SINCE HIS STOMACH WAS UPSET WE ARE USING WET FOOD. HE IS EATING AND DRINKING?

·
Registered
882 Posts
you might try using the "search" function because I know there's all kinds of topics on this subject that have much better information that I can give you.....heck it could even be an allergy to something in the food.....how old is he?, because if the food were feeding is RC puppy 32 before you started giving him the wet food, i do know there is corn in that food and some boxers are allergic to it..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS FOR THE IDEAS-OOPS WHEN I READ YOUR 1ST RESPONSE I THOUGHT YOU MENT SOME KIND OF BRAND OF FOOD CONTAINING "COLD TURKEY" MY HUSBAND POINTED IT OUT TO ME THE TERM COLD TURKEY - I CAN ADMITT WHEN IM WRONG HE CANT!

·
Registered
882 Posts
nate487\";p=\"89903 said:
THANKS FOR THE IDEAS-OOPS WHEN I READ YOUR 1ST RESPONSE I THOUGHT YOU MENT SOME KIND OF BRAND OF FOOD CONTAINING "COLD TURKEY" MY HUSBAND POINTED IT OUT TO ME THE TERM COLD TURKEY - I CAN ADMITT WHEN IM WRONG HE CANT!
nope, foods with actual cold turkey in them would be ok :lol:  :wink:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Does his vomit smell like poop?  If it does you need to get him to the vet immediately.  He could have a piece lodged that is preventing things from going thru.

Nano

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have a year old boxer with an extremely sensitive stomach.  He had problems with his stools and vomiting bile but since I've changed him to raw food he has been feeling much better.  It could be allergies but you probably would be best to take him to the vet for a professional opinion....you just never know!  Also, I feed pumpkin and yogurt which is suppose to aid in digestion.  Not sure if that helps.  Best of luck to you and I hope your boxer feels better soon.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
bump

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
My first thought, Like Nano, was that some of the stuffing was lodged in his belly or something...I would take him into the vet

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the follow up Sharon. Ace is doing much better he responded well to the cottage cheese. His bowels are starting to firm up and he has held everthing down since Saturday evening,fingers crossed that all stays well. He has been playful and energetic since monday. I am a worry wart our 1st boxer died several years ago w/ cancer so any sign of illness scares me! i am thankful for everyones advise and especially for having our very own vet to talk to.

I did find out from the previuos owners that Ace has a history of eating foriegn objects such a rocks,pillows, stuffed animals etc. They forgot to mention that when they gave him to us!!! I was upset that they failed to mention it but i am just so relieved that he is doing well!!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Glad he is doing better.  I was worried about him too!

Nano

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Gald to hear Ace is doing better.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That's good news, glad to hear that Ace is doing better....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts