Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Louie form the pound about three weeks ago, and I am trying to find out if he is a mix and if he is, what is he mixed with?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Re: Need Help...

Aww he's so cute! Welcome to the forum  :) I'm no expert but maybe some lab or golden in him? I can definitely see the boxer in him! lol Such a sweet boy.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

how big is louie?? imo it looks like he has a bit of dane in him in that second pic....i could be wrong though

·
Registered
220 Posts

I was thinking some kind of hound mixed in there somewhere.  Very pretty dog just the same.

Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hey, sorry I can't help with identifying Loie's breed, but I think you may get more responses by changing the title.  I'm new to this forum myself but having read through a lot of other threads and the rules etc, the more experienced members tend to prefer relavent titles.  Hope this helps you, and good luck with Louie! :emtthumbs:

·
Registered
893 Posts

Your title is fine, if you word it as help naming my breed as you are asking for help in identifying your dog. I see a lot of boxer in him, maybe some lab. Your vet will be able to help you with this if you ask him. Beautiful dog, good luck with him.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

Welcome to the forum :D Your "pound puppy" is absolutely gorgeous!! Can't offer much as far a breed type, looks like a typical boxer to me, especially the last pic. Crazy dogs. The freckling on him is wonderful and maybe shows a little hound or spaniel in the mix?? Or just unusual boxer markings? Look forward to hearing/seeing more :D

·
Registered
220 Posts

I was going to post that topics like "Need Help" are not allowed as stated in the rules.  You may want to edit your post to read something like "Help with breed identification"  or "Is Louie a purebred? unsure"  Not trying to start anything just trying to help get more responses for you

Scott

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

southerngirls\";p=\"62589 said:
how big is louie?? imo it looks like he has a bit of dane in him in that second pic....i could be wrong though
When he is at his full size he'll be 80 pounds.  He was 30 pounds under weight when I got him.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
He is just adorable, especially with all the freckles.  Kiah has a few freckles; the only dog I have seen freckled like that was an english setter but I am definately no expert.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

[quote="tysonsdad\";p=\"62590":1t0jcu64]I was thinking some kind of hound mixed in there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i was maybe thing some St. Bernard??? just a thought. I had seen a boxer mix like that before and it was with st bernard...he is a cutie though

·
Registered
220 Posts
I thought bluetick hound from the speckling on the nose and body.  

Scott

1 - 20 of 25 Posts