Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Lucy eats Authority Grain Free Chicken & Sweet Potato and she loves it. It's about $17.99 for a 15lb bag and its ranked at 4 out of five stars on the rating website previously mentioned. Since switching her to grain free food she stinks a lot less!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
433 Posts
How to I convert my puppy to the food i have chosen

Hello all,

I am new here. I am picking up my boxer pup in 19 days and counting. I am so excited as this will be my first dog EVER! It is because of this that I will need a lot of help from you all.

My breeder has him on a mix of 3 or 4 different types of food. I have chosen the Kirkland brand after doing some research. How to I successfully convert him to kirkland without buying all of the brands she is using?

Thanks!

Brooke

·
Registered
268 Posts
I feed grain free chicken and potato from authority. It is only sold by petsmart (either online or in store). It is rated 4 out of 5 on dogfoodadvisor.com and both of my dogs do well on it. The pricing is very reasonable as well. I will warn you though that not all dogs do well on a food that includes potato. Potato can be an allergen for some dogs. A good grain free food that does not include potato is nature's variety instinct. It is on the pricey side though.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have decided on Buffalo Blue Lamb and Oatmeal instead of Kirkland. I have heard mixed reviews on Kirkland and that worried me.

Is it a sign of a bad breeder if she is feeding him all these different kinds of food? Or is it an old school practice?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I would feed blue buffalo freedom puppy - grain free over the lamb and oatmeal option- oatmeal is a grain and lots of times they don't do well on it- and I've seen it cause bad diarrhea - the grain version that is - plus- the freedom is extremely high in omega fatty acids for their coat and skin- if u are going to do bb hands down I would do the freedom line - grain free. As far as all the foods the breeder is feeding - I dk- I have never heard of anyone mixing that many foods before.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

21 - 29 of 29 Posts