Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( We have 2 children who were 2 & 8 when we got LILO.  We got her from we thought a reputable breeder-she had baby mange.  We do have AKC papers and she is such a LOVING, sweet, and funny dog.  In the past 2 years Lilo has SNIPED at 4 children including my youngest.  These "snips" broke the skin on each occasion.  I asked my vet about this and he stated "It's like her yelling at these kids".  I can come up with an excuse for each occasion as to why she did it.  But I am uncertain that I am bias since we love her so much and we are making excuses for her due to this.  Lilo checks my childrens bedroom each night before she settles in and until recently slept with the youngest because he was scared of the dark.  My concerns are is this NORMAL???? I do not believe it is she is such a good dog besides this matter.  She is spoiled- we walk her-she loves going to pick the children up from school to see all the kids.  She loves being with children.  I just do not understand why she acts this way.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  I just do not want anything to happen to others or her.  Is the vet correct??? Then do I continue to watch her like a hawk when my kids friends are over or when my kids are playing???  HELP we love her so much!!!  Chrissy

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Think about all of the incidents, and try and see if there is one common factor.  Maybe its something that you can have a behaviorist come and work with Lilo!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Jessie's mom gave good advice. This is probably as your vet says, a warning that she can't handle it.  Read the posts for OMG! that was a few days ago, lots of good input on same situation.  A behaviorists could be of help, and you might want to check thyroid levels on her.  That is a common health issue with boxers and can sometimes be the cause of change of behaviour.

Nano

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your input!!! I will look in my area for a behaviorist plus it won't hurt to get her thyroids checked.   :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts