Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents are getting a brindle male boxer puppy and are in need of help with a name.  Their 8 year old boxer, Jake, went to the Rainbow bridge in February of 2006.  They are now ready to love another boxer.  My dad wanted to name the puppy "PD" for Papa's Dog.  My mom doesn't like the name.  Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Well this probably wont be much help with an acutal name but from my experience the best way i have ever named my animals is to NOT name them. I basically let them name themselves by their own individual behavior and personality. i have run across the fact that when i name them right off they dont tend to have the personality of whatever name i gave them. When will you or your parents be getting the pup?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The puppy will be coming home tomorrow evening.  It may help to wait and check out his personality for a little while before naming him.  I am getting his brother and I have named him Tonka.  We will see if that sticks or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another idea is to go with a theme.  I know it will be only one pup but I had my first Male and named him Cherokee.  He passed due to a hit and run and my next boxer was named Cheyenne then I had Shoshonie, my next male was Dakota and the last of the theme was Chayton, which are all Native American names.  

Another idea is to look at his pedigree and go with a name from his lenage.  Tiffany, my first boxer was named after some of her past family member.  Charmed with Tiffany Dust.  

So there are many ways to go about coming up with names.  Try a baby name book as well.

But I do believe the name will come to them as they watch and become more familiar with him.  

Do let us know what they decide on.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
This probably won't be helpful either, but I let my son name our last dog.  He chose Rocky.  God named our new pup.  I was still pretty upset over Rocky going to puppy heaven, so I wasn't ready for another dog yet.  I was praying for God to help me be ready for this new pup and He told me Henry.  So our new pup is Henry.

Good luck!
Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
There are endless ways to choose a name & it sometimes does take a bit to figure out a name & sometimes it just comes to you right away. Our first boxer, which was a gift to my ex he wanted to name the same as his previous dog, Buck. I thought that was kinda dumb, but agreed. When we got him from the breeder, their kennel name was Visions Boxers, so I just expanded on it and his full name was Visions of Timbuktu,,,Get it?  Buck 2...We adopted a cute little fawn baby the following year and the name came to me as soon as I saw her..Tia Maria.

Samson was already named when I got him, but it fits as he's a husky guy, but I've already picked out the name for the female puppy we will be getting...Delilah..So we are going with a Biblical theme...

Keep us posted on what they decide & by the way, I like the name Tonka, it fits a boxer  :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They seem to be leaning towards the name Diego.  I like that name.  My brother likes the name Zorro.  Apparently Zorro's father's name was Diego.  I will keep you posted on what they decide.  He will be coming home tonight along with Tonka.  I can't wait.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my parent's puppy has a name.  It ended being between Diego, Logan, & Hudson.  And the winner is HUDSON.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts