Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the website that shows the ratings for dog foods.  Could somebody please link it for me.  Jessica bought Charlie Eagle Pack which costs more than Chicken Soup and it rated lower.  I can't remember which post I found the link.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I thing Matt&Ghost posted it if you want to look through all of his posts!! Not possitive on that either lol

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments.  We seem to have the biggest issues with food for Charlie.  Canidae made him shed alot.  Chicken Soup was causing some loose stool issues.  So she up and bought Eagle Pack.  When I was reading the reviews I didn't really like what I saw.  It cost more than the Chicken Soup and doesn't even have as high of ratings.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Just because the food you bought isn't ranked with 6 stars doesn't mean it isn't a good food.  The food we use (Bil-Jac) got one star and a no recommendation.   We have been using it for over a year now and our dogs are doing amazing on it.  

Our Teaki would barely eat before no matter what brand food we tried and now she LOVES her food.  Our vet actually recommended it to us to try for her.  

If we had only went by the "dogfoodanalysis.com" we may never have tried it so make sure you actually look into the actual brand you are using by looking at their website and other reviews on it.  

Bil-Jac ranks low because it uses corn which according to that site is horrible in dog food but our dogs are not allergic to it.  It also states that the by-products they use are inferrior and who knows where they come from, the Bil-Jac site explains what meats they use, grains, etc. so I wouldn't only go by the dogfoodanalysis.com site when choosing food for your dog.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I know i started to look at the food analysis myself and seen that Diamond which i was using was a 1 star rating as well, yeah it had a recall but it wasnt even for the dry dog food and it had corn and stuff as well. My dogs done great on it and it was good budget, so i am on my first bag of Canidae and it has helped in numerous ways  like there coats are shinier and softer, they actually dont shed as much and they are built the same as they were with Diamond. So I wouldnt go by the analysis as much either but I am going to keep them on Canidae since ive already switched.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
I was thinking about going BARF but i'm a busy busy person and honestly, wouldn't be able to prepare it...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use the website as a reference.  What bothers me is the Eagle Pack has more questionable ingredients than the Chicken Soup did.  Not to mention it costs alot more.  We've got Charlie that's 85-90lbs. probably and Sadie that's 22 at 11 weeks.  These days can eat and I don't wanna pay even more money on dog food knowing that I don't like some of the ingredients in the Eagle Pack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts