Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been awhile since I have posted to the site. I have been enjoying life with my wife and two boxers Sasha and Moose. Anyway last night I get home from my softball game and let the dogs outside I told the wife I was gonna take a shower while she made dinner. I luckly took a very quick shower get out and hear screaming please help me! coming from my wife in the back yard. I run out in my towel and she says "Moose is dead", Sasha mouth was cuaght on his leash which twisted so tight around his next we couldnt get scissors in to cut it. It took me about 30 seconds to on twist Sasha and free Moose's neck from the collar. Moose was not breathing and his tungue and gums were blue. I proceeded to give him CPR for about a minute. He gave a cough and started to gasp for air. Moose then laboring to breath had coughed up some blood. I told my wife to call the emegency vet and tell them we will be there in about 20 minutes.

The vet took some xrays, gave Moose some steriod injections and pain medicine and told us to take him home and watch him closley for the next three days. The xrays showed no damage but alittle graying of the lungs which means bruseing. Moose made it through the night but seems alittle out of it this morning. I will keep everyone posted. But we could really use some prayers.

Just got back from our regular vet and he said everything sounds good. We are very lucky! Moose just has to be watched and rested for the next couple of days and gets antibotics to prevent pneuomia which can occur when something like this happens. The vet asked where had I learned CPR for a dog from and I told him I watch emegerncy vets on animal planet and seen it on there once.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Re: Need prayers!!

Oh gosh!   Glad Moose is ok, and sending the best to get him better!!!!!    

Sometimes when leashes and collars are involved mine only are on them when someone is right there just because its only takes a blink of a second unattended to get tangled, or caught and they are helpless.  

So sorry you and your family had to go through what you did, and hoping Moose heals up and gets better - keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts

OMG im so sorry, that sounds like a really tramatic experiance for all of you. 8O

Im glad Moose is ok and that was down to your quick thinking, you saved your dogs life and i think that is remarkably brave, if i had been in that situation i would have gone completly into panic mode and wouldnt have known what to do.

Tell your wife not to be too hard on herself, i would be the same as im sure lots of us would be. :(

Im so happy for you that he is still alive after that, sending boxer hugs and prayers your way for a speedy recovery. >:D<  O:)  :pray:

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

She is really upset about this as I'm. She felt terrible becuase she panicked and couldnt get the collar off
Accidents happen and regardless of any efforts no one should feel bad, but glad you were able to tend to him properly and he is alive!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts

That must have been horrible to witness, but I think you did an outstanding job under the circumstances! I am sending tons of positive and healing vibes Moose's way. Please keep us updated on the big guy!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you all..wishing Moose the very fastest recovery..take care.

·
Registered
693 Posts

Must have scared the [email protected]# out of you guys. Thank God you got the situation under control as fast as you did. Don't beat your self up over this. We are sending all kinds of healing thoughts you're way.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

Wow - you acted very bravely ... as others said, I think I would have been in complete panic mode.
Glad Moose seems to be doing better - healing vibes and prayers coming his way.  
Keep us updated on Moose's progress.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

So glad you were able to help out so quickly and your wife did go out to check on them so that was a good thing, she should not feel quilty.  Sending healing vibes Moose's way and hope he recovers quickly.  Sasha must have freaked out too how is she doing?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

[quote="chud89\";p=\"119715":396yisre][quote="HannaBanana\";p=\"119711":396yisre]Oh gosh!

·
Registered
370 Posts

So sorry to hear of this.  We are sending prayers and healing vibes your way.  Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts

What a horrible experience for all of you, but your wife shouldn't blame herself...These things CAN happen and they happen so darn fast....My prayers are with you and that Moose has a quick and complete recovery

1 - 20 of 28 Posts