Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Need some advice...

931 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Skylar 
#1 ·
After a lot of searching, I finally found a new housekeeper. She is very comfortable with dogs, even my wild and crazy bunch. Today was her first day so I went in late to make sure the dogs were okay with her. My question is this - I crate Lucy during the day and would like her to let Lucy out while she is there because I feel like Lucy would be confused that someone was home but she wasn't allowed out. Bertha says she will let her out to play and potty and put her back in when she leaves. Sam and Lucy play pretty rough and I alwasy watch them to make sure nothing escalates. I am not sure Bertha would know what to do if they started fighting for any reason. They are pretty good but am I just being a worry wart? The only other persons that come in are our pet sitters and they obviously would know how to handle the situation. How would you all handle it?

#2 ·
My first thought would be to talk to your house keeper and explain the situation.  To make sure she understands that they play rough and if they seem to be getting to rough how you would like it to be handled, from there you can find out if she is comfortable with that or not.  If it were me and I was not comfortable enough to feel I could properly seperate them the way you would like, then I would tell you and from there you could decide to keep them in the kennel or not.....I guess what I am saying is to talk to her about it and see what she says....

#4 ·
I agree with Sharon. Also try to explain the rough play. Boxers seem to at least NON-Boxer Owners... extremely rough and hardcore... when they are just playing. All the snorting, snarling, physical activity... etc. She needs to understand the degree of "rough play".

#6 ·
i dont have any new advice to give, but i will say that i agree with what has already been said. if your housekeeper is comfortable with both Lucy and Sam being out then i say go for it. If she feels that she couldnt handle the situation then i would maybe have her let lucy out for a bit, and kennel Sam, then switch it out that way both are out of the kennel at some point but not together. This prevents the possibility of fighting

#7 ·
My husband thinks I am overreacting and they will be just fine...I think I will check with Bertha again just to be sure she is okay with it and how to handle it they get too rough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.