Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to create a meal for my 4 month old Bucky.

I was going to buy some boneless chicken breat, boil them for him, mix with some sardines and a little bit of kibble. is their some other things I could mix in that would benefit him? I don't make these meals all the time, however I would like to do it like maybe 2x a week for him.

Could I please get some help?

Also on a side note I'm looking for a 28" leather collar for my older dog but I can't seem to find any leather ones that large  :(  anybody know where I could find one?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I give Kiah some scrambled eggs on weekends, nothing in it but was thinking of adding her sardines to it.  Not sure if it would be a good mix though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can't help on the food part but as for the leather collor we got our dogs leather collors at petsmart and they had a pretty larger selection.  You might check there.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hmmm...I haven't done too many meals...there are those on here who feed raw and some who do homecooked...just give them time to come across your post! You'll get LOTS of ideas!

G

·
0 Posts
Well from what I have read. If you are going to break away from kibble it is best to feed your foods uncooked that way you dont loose any nutrients. And if feeding chicken get it with bones in it like leg quarters, uncooked chicken bones will not harm your dog they get brittle and become a choking hazard when they have been cooked. I feed kibble but I add a raw egg every other day to help the coats.

If you ssearch the word BARF on google it will break it down a lot for you... BARF = BONES AND RAW FOODS

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
oh i add stuff to mavs kibble and sometimes make him meals for treats. i add sardines or salmon, eggs and when i cook for him i do chicken breast and plain boiled rice also added veggies and sweet potatoe when i had some over the holidays..he really enjoyed that!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wouldn't be able to help sorry... I just know the basics but boxer_man_rich has already stated them. I thought there were a couple of people on here that fed their dogs BARF. We have a couple of threads on it I know.

As far as the collar... we also get Odin's at PetSmart... we love their selection and the prices don't seem to be CRAZY like some places we looked.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You can use Chicken backs, quarters, or wings. with a organ meat like gizzards.
You can also add blended up veg/fruits of different kinds and sardines and eggs are good 2.
I dont think you should cook anything tho... this is wat my boxer eats everyday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts