Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
The girls dont have a problem with going outside, but they have an issue with EVERYTHING out there :) I am working slowly with having them face the fears with the outside world by forcing them to encounter new things. Not only are my girls scared of the wind and the leave and anything else inthe big scary outdoors they are VERY antisocial and scared of any human that comes near them. Liz has been giving wonderful advice on my girls problems and after almost 3 weeks..maybe 4...not sure my youngest one passed a person on the street last night and actually show interest and not fear. This may not seem like to big a deal, but it was earth shattering change for Reese. The one thing i can say is dont coddle him. Force him outside and then praise and treat when he starts walking. if something scares him then dont baby talk anything. that reinforces the fear. Just talk in a normal voice about the object and act as if it is no big deal, if possible dont even acknowledge the noise or sound. After time it works. best of luck and keep us posted

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.