Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rescued by 2yr old Lyla over a month ago.

Shelter said she was on canidae. I brought her home, and couldn't find anyplace that sold Canidade (I know where to get it now...). Petsmart lady suggested Natures Recipe Lamb and Rice (it's what she fed both of her boxers).

SO I expected her to not do too well because of the sudden switch. Three weeks later she still has very soft stools. The vet does a stool sample and general health checkup and says she's very healthy and nothing was found in the sample.

So I switched her to Kirkland Chicken, rice, and veggies. I admit that the switch was only over a couple days (I didn't realize I was so low on the old dog food). She loved the Kirkland at first, but her diarreah isn't getting any better. In fact she has bad gas now, and lately only eating once a day.

Now she just pushes her food bowl around and kind of splashes the kibble everywhere. She today I caught her eating grass and throwing up.

She's also been shedding excessively (way more than i'm used to seeing) but it may be due to the season (I'm in CA).

Should I feed her chicken and oatmeal for a day or two to let her stomach settle?

Her energy level is still the same, playful, and overall lively.

·
Registered
175 Posts
add canned pumpkin or rice to the food..Kirland didnt work for my dog, she had soft stool the whole time. Only food that works is Purina One Sensitive Systems or Pro Plan Sensitive Skin+stomach

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
2-3 spoon of nature plain yogourt to help the food transition as well as a nice little patty or rice and chicken after the kibbles should put that dog into the right track rather quickly...and she will love you for it too :)

Show us pictures!
Grats on the rescue!

:clap:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts