Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out late last night that my fiance wouldn't be able to take Blue to his vet appointment today at 11:30.  So figuring that all my students were gone for summer break and today was just a work day, I would bring Blue with me to work and use my lunch break to take him to the vet!  Well, Blue came to school with me this morning and everyone thought he was the cutest thing in the world.  He was being very well behaved considering he is an 11 week old puppy.  He followed every command I gave him and followed me everywhere, not bothering anyone unless they asked to play with him.  Now I work in a very small school district, and usually everything is "cool" if you have a good reason for doing it.  Well, I never thought in a million years that brining Blue to school today would be that big of a deal.  

After being at school for about 45 mins and working with Blue sitting on the floor next to my desk, the principal comes in and tells me that he can't be here, and it was a big smack in the face to come in and see the dog here.  Well, I explained that something had come up with Dave and he couldn't take him to the vet, and I figured that I would use my lunch hour to take him to the vet.  I never thought it would be that big of a deal. If I thought it was a big deal I would have cancelled the appointment last night.  Well, I was told that the dog needed to leave.  So I had to cancel the vet appointment, and since I cancelled the day of, I still have to pay for it.   And this is all because someone complained and thought Blue was a pit bull and was afraid of him.  Come on... he's a puppy that weighs 11 pounds, what harm can he really do?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. People can be so idiotic when it comes to dogs. That would have crushed me and ticked me off at the same time.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Oh that would aggravate me.  Why didn't that person just ask you what kind of dog he was.  He's 11 pounds.....he couldn't / wouldn't hurt anyone!  I'm lucky, my boss let's me bring Lola into work whenever I need to.  Sorry to hear about the situation!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm sorry for you!!!!  That would really tick me off!!!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
616 Posts
Some people just don't get it  :evil:   They really let their ignorance show sometimes!  I would talk about your "BOXER" all the time and let them know he is NOT a pit.

That really stinks!  Maybe your vet could work with you next time and change the time of the appt.  What a waste of your time too!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would have complained too if I saw someone bring a pitbull to school!   :roll:

Just kidding... crazy stuff there...

Of course if you had brought a Shitzu to school, nobody would have complained!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly my point!  If he was a little tiny dog, there wouldn't have been a problem.  

I just found out that my fiance's parents ended up taking him to the vet for us.  Thank God for them!  I was so mad this morning!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah that would piss me off pretty good. Hes just a puppy, like ive said before what is wrong with the stupid people in the world today. WAKE UP PEOPLE (the stupid people :) ):upset: . Sorry it just makes me angry. Your principle sounds like a real  jerk

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now that really sucks. I am so sorry that happened...And what kind of idiot would think a pup would be vicious or cause a problem? Glad he did make it to the vet tho...

·
Registered
905 Posts
I always think it's mad that so many of you can bring your dogs to work with you - that is just UNHEARD of here.  I'd love to be able to bring Tink to work with me but my boss would actually think I was joking if I even asked.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
The world is full of people who do not understand breeds of dogs.  They listen to the news about stories with larger breed dogs and form their opinion.
What they fail to realize is that half of the population has gone to having "small dogs", so the idea of a Pit Bull or anything that resembles them, as our Boxers do as puppies, when they are still little egg heads "scare them".
These people should realize that I am and always will be more scared of a 3 pound chihuahua then a 70 pound pit or boxer.
If they have never seen real "mean dog" behavior they should try cutting a chi's toe nails.  :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, unfortunately the people like Mike Vick have made a bad name for big dogs.  Of course people are going to be afraid of Pit Bulls if all they hear about on the news are dogfighting rings.  The news talked about the dogfighting at Vick's house and the only breed of dog I heard them mention were pit bulls.  So if the news continuely reports about bad behavior of one or two breeds of dogs, the public is going to think they are horrible dogs.  It's not the dogs fault they were raised that way, it's the people who raised them that way that should be punished.  

So even though this happened to me Friday, I can understand where people are coming from, when they say they are afraid of pit bulls, and it's sad that all of this has happened becuase of stupid people/bredders!! :(

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
LOL, sharonL!!!!!  I can honestly say that, as a trainer, I have NO fear of any dog, but most of my worst bites have come from small or toy breeds...They can definetely be the psychoo of the dog world...

Big breeds are my specialty because so many people think they are "harder to train"...  This notion is actually quite sill...I've also had people contact me wanting me to train their deaf dog thinking that their dog is gonna be harder to train due to lack of hearing...Boy...do they find out that they are wrong...  Deaf dogs, in my humble opinion are asier to train because they live without the external distraction of sound are are naturally more focused and looking for cues from their owner...

Off topic...I know...Sorry...

blue32007--In your head,(just imagine it) have your "pitbull puppy attack the hell outta youre boss...and then have your BOXER puppy come in and save the day!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I heard the same thing form a lady at my workplace. She was a vet tech and said the worst and most bites cme from smaller dogs, especially cockerspaniels. And the reason you do not hear about them as much is because they are smaller bites that most people arshrug off or what have you.

Glad you got Blue to the vet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts