Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say that I try and live by the old rule my mom and dad taught me, if you do not have anything nice to say about people then please do not say it at all, however after this afternoon I can not believe how many uneducated people there are out there.  With having said that I will go into my story!!  So there is a street faire here in town this weekend and thinking this is a great place to socialize Maggie and Herbie with diversity, I saddled up and went!!  Both of them did wonderful, btw.  Well behaved and mannered!!  \:D/  I am not there 5 minutes and a husky short guy comes up to me and asks if I am interested in breeding my male?  Not hello my name is, not how old is he or is he registered, or would you be interested in having him tested to see if he meets the standards and is right to breed with my female........just my female is in heat and he is a good looking male!!  :eek:nfire:  At first it took me a moment to grasp what I was hearing, and then after that it was all but over.  I explained that number one he is only 7 months old and way to young to breed, then I rolled into I have no business breeding, I am a responsible boxer owner and would never jump into that decision with out being completely sure that it was the best for the breed, how he has not been health tested to breed and how irresponsible that would be of me, my poor daughter just sat there the entire time listening, he kind of looked at me like I was crazy, so I walked away.  Not 10 minutes later some other guy comes up to me to ask if I would be interested in breeding either of them........at this point I was so flabbergasted by the stupidity of people that I just responded  %-( "no thank you".  
I have to be honest I am a very naive person, but I never thought in a million years people would walk up to me and ask me without knowing who I was or where my boxers came from or anything else about them for that fact to breed.  I am just completely floored by the ignorance (meaning that in the most polite way) of some people.  I really do not know everything nor do I pretend to, however common sense seems like it would prevail here.  We were there over a 4 hour period and as many as 12 times by 12 different people I was asked to breed either or both of my babies.  What gives here??

Ok now I feel a little better......  :)

G

·
0 Posts
wow, that's crazy!   I think you handled yourself well, I don't think most others would have held it together as well as you did!  You do have two great looking babies, but as you said, you are a responsible owner and would not breed without following all guidelines for breeding.  Good for you for keeping your cool and standing on your beliefs!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Good for you!!!!It is just unbelivable how iresponsible some people are about breeding!!!Than we are upset about all the health problems boxers suffer!!!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
IMO those people see a couple of good looking Boxers and the money light goes on in their minds.  Just think how many unwanted puppies if those people find someone to breed with.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, there are many people, when it comes to breeding just have no clue.  They just know they can sell the pups for quite a bit of money.  I see it everyday as I am a Kijiji junkie and see morons all the time trying to sell their poorly bred animals or people looking to breed their poorly bred males and females!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice job on handling yourself...The same kind of situation happened at a park with my dad and jack jack (their boxer) and my dad said...uhmmm...cant you tell he is fixed...and the guy walked away pissed, my dad was like what a jerk, he didnt introduce himself either.  It was quite sad!

Where in Cali are you....My uncle lives in palm springs, and we go to the street fair there...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Some people have quite the nerve. Especially not knowing you or your dogs and walking right up to you and asking you to breed them!
Great job in the way you handled yourself.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
dont you hate that..i have had more people walk up to me falling all over isis which btw she DOES NOT like in public unless its someone she knows...

wow is she a boxer or american bully...shes a boxer ! do you breed her? i ahve a male pit bull they would make great pups...

uhmm no moron shes white !!! & deaf !

this guy says thats ok shes still great looking are you sure?

OMG SHES FIXED TOO ANY MORE STUPID QUESTIONS?

you handled yourself great !!! jsut take it as your dogs are beautiful and keep walkin :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys it was REALLY frustrating.... for one thing if I was going to breed either (which btw I am not) would not be looking for persective partners at a street faire!!!  

Lette, I live in the Central Valley, between Stockton and Modesto, but sure do wish I lived in Palm Springs.. :lol: .lol

·
Registered
880 Posts
Kudos for saying how you feel!  It's scary how many people are just randomly breeding dogs.  It makes me sad especially after that Oprah show, and the dogs being put to sleep every day to make room in the shelters.  Makes me shudder.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
12 people asked if you were breeding them! thats ridiculous.
I think you did good though- I usually say something like "there are way to many homeless puppies without me adding to the problem" but i've only been asked a couple times ever!  you poor thing :(

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow that's INSANE!!!! I canNOT even IMAGINE!!! What compliments but at the same time all those people obviously cared about was money! 12 times!? That's just crazy... people need to do SOME RESEARCH! Good GRIEF!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
You need to have a shirt for them to wear that says something like... we have a RESPONSIBLE owner and will NOT be bred!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
You handled both situations very well.....It never fails, you will always run into some fool that will ask a question like that..I've had people ask me if I breed my 2! You must be joking!  :roll: But It happens, I try not to let it get to me and educate, like you tried to do.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts