Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
you are all awesome!!! i really appreciate all the input!

brutus: im located in NJ. i found one breeder that i really liked in NJ but won't have a litter until possibly june 2014 (which is worth the wait for the right pup) but with these waiting lists, I am nervous i will never get one!

this stuff is intense! LOL.

thank you all for shedding light on this situation. i am thinking that i might need to start looking into other breeders =-/

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
another thing i meant to ask and totally forgot. this particular breeder (and i am not trying to give any info away) is on the board of a particular state's boxer club. doesn't that constitute as reputable?

I'm sorry if i sound annoying but before i walk away from this, i want to make sure i cover every point possible (if that makes sense to you??)

=)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
another thing i meant to ask and totally forgot. this particular breeder (and i am not trying to give any info away) is on the board of a particular state's boxer club. doesn't that constitute as reputable?
I'll let someone that knows more than I do answer that.

I'm sorry if i sound annoying but before i walk away from this, i want to make sure i cover every point possible (if that makes sense to you??)

=)
This one I can help with sorta, First yes your doing the right thing by seeking out information "before purchasing" many of us "now" wish we had done that many years ago!

The pros are telling you to ..."WALK AWAY"!

I'm trying to lay out how you can make the best of a bad situation! I am "NOT' making a recommendation!

You are paying very good money for a puppy and the whole point of that is to get a solid puppy not one with "issues".

My plan "WON'T" protect you from vet bills ,anguish and heartbreak! It could only get you another puppy from the same place!

That's the nuts and bolts of it, it's your call. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
No, just because someone is on the board of a boxer club does not mean they are Reputable. It is up to you to meet with them and ask for all documentation. Ask how many litters a year they have, go and personally look at the set up.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
No, just because someone is on the board of a boxer club does not mean they are Reputable. It is up to you to meet with them and ask for all documentation. Ask how many litters a year they have, go and personally look at the set up.
Ta Da! Now we all know!:clap2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Very good points... I think I know what I need to do with this :-(

Wish me luck on finding another pup!! Good thing I didn't meet him otherwise it would be a lot harder to walk away.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I just want to clarify........

The chances are much better if this person is member of a boxer club however it does not guarantee they are reputable.

Always ask for documents, never take a persons word for it.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Very good points... I think I know what I need to do with this :-(

Wish me luck on finding another pup!! Good thing I didn't meet him otherwise it would be a lot harder to walk away.
Yes,yes it would!:)

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I just want to clarify........

The chances are much better if this person is member of a boxer club however it does not guarantee they are reputable.

Always ask for documents, never take a persons word for it.
Gottcha no guarantees do your homework!

Compliments to our newest member!:clap2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Are you applauding me?! Lol.. Thanks!!!

If you see me posting a bunch of questions from different posts/threads please do not get annoyed. I plan on educating myself as much as possible!

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Are you applauding me?! Lol.. Thanks!!!

If you see me posting a bunch of questions from different posts/threads please do not get annoyed. I plan on educating myself as much as possible!
Yes! If I had asked any questions I would have saved my self a lot of heartache!:cry2:

First puppy Heidi (Brindle)(2 weeks ) of vet visits $$$ and heartbreak lasted two weeks and died in my arms. I did the vet check (Parvo) after I got my Heidi, and then what are you gonna do?...hey take this POS dog back???

Struddel l(Avatar) I did better (She made it 10 years.) No Parvo I asked about that! But I didn't know about health checks on the parents! Ultimately bad hips..(11/25/2013) RIP:cry:.

She was a clone of her mom! (That was a "HUGE" red flag), you don't breed Whites,So I could have asked... [B"]My potential puppy has a Flashy dad and mom is White is that important?"[/B] Answer would have been :You don't breed to white!

So as soon as I saw mom I should have walked away! But I didn't and Struddell climbed into my lap and just stayed there! Game over!

That's why I advised against "seeing" the puppy!:)

So yes, I was applauding you!:clap:
Take Care

·
Registered
485 Posts
This is a red flag to me. There are other reputable breeders out there and extremely knowledgeable members on this site plus a lot of valuable information on how to pick a breeder. There are a lot of 'stickys' on the breeder page.

Knowing what I know now about all of the health issues with boxers, I probably would have not chosen the breeder that I ultimately went with because they don't do all the appropriate health testing. That is why research is so important. That being said, my Serena has a wonderful temperament which matches that of her sire and dam. Knock wood, she is healthy. Other offspring from her parents (from her litter, and other pairings) are healthy as well (I've checked) and the breeder reaches out periodically to say hello.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts