Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother in law took Abby and Brady out today...and found them lose in their play area (my hubby apparently didn't close Abby's crate sufficiently) and my MIL put them back the same way she found them, in the play area, but together and GAVE THEM THEIR KONGS!!!! While they don't fight over their food bowls, they fight nasty over rawhides and I am afraid they would do the same over the kongs (we just haven't ever left them together with their kongs, if we have given them one as a treat when we are home, we separate them with the assumption that they may fight the same way as they do over rawhides). She's on her way back to the house right now to check on them but I am nervous! If they did end up fighting, without being separated, I am not sure what would happen...we have never let them "finish" a fight so I am not sure how far they would go!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow... I would be nervous too!! Hopefully they are okay though... and it's different with kongs... though steal each others Odin just looks on like... "Hey... umm... can I have that back please??"

HOPEFULLY THEY ARE OKAY!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
funny you say that..my dogs are the most docile calm beings...and never ever fight..they eat side by side..they sleep and play  rather rough but still play...they gets treats etc..never a fight BUT put a raw hide or bone there and look out....dont know why..but it gets nasty...there is no fighting over whos top dog ever...but those few things will bring it on..i dont know either what would happen if we let it go..we never have...and we just watch when they have them...but really they have just learned to stay apart with them..which was really cool..
i feel your worry..hard to ask someone else to remember all the things you do everyday jsut out of routine..my hubby will forget if i dont remind him..

hope its all ok:)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, I want to run home but I know it would do me no good with his mom on the way over there. Abby gets a little possessive and decides she wants everything for herself and Brady typically just lets her so fighting isn't usually a problem, but he LOVES his peanut butter and when the fights do break out, it's because he refuses to just let her. I am afraid he would have hung in there to keep his peanut butter.
I will be on edge till my phone rings!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I would have been sweating it out as well..Glad to hear that both Abby & Brady are ok....Lol, nobody takes care of our babies like Mom, huh?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awww im glad..phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seriously...we have unfortuantely lost our dog walker this week as the mother has been covering while the daughter was in after school activities.  The mother starts a full time job this week though so my MIL is helping us out until we find a replacement...but she just didn't know to put Abby back in her crates (not sure why she just didn't call me) but at least they were fine.  Abby is not ready to not be crated yet...every time we try to leave her in the play area, she pees. But I hope one day, I will be able to leave her in their play area with Brady but my concern was always the kongs! haha! Now I suppose they can handle that...of course, i will give them some test runs while I am at home before we move to that stage.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Glad everything was okay at home.  I understand your concern and I'm sure MIL is just doing her best - but she isn't you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts