Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! We finally got Our boy neutered...it’s been 5 days and feels like a year with this cone and energy. They say keep them calm...boxers?! Calm?! I have been trying to keep him in his cage or leashed near me but the boy has to get some energy out. I was walking him 4-5 miles a day...has anyone else walked their boxer 5-6 days after being neutered? How long do I keep the cone on for? He already broke this. I see today is the first time he is actually trying to go for the incision I assume bc it’s getting itchy...any advice? Ideas?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
They do make an inflatable collar that fits where their normal collar goes to help keep them from turning and reaching their rear ends and I have seen people cut those pool noodles and fit it over their regular collars does the same thing. What did the Vet say for exercise? I can't imagine it would hurt to take him leash walking for a small amount of time till he heals I think they don't want him running wild and crazy until he's all healed.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Wow 4-5 miles is even a big walk for a 8 month old.
I would think a nice calm walk for 20-30 minutes would be fine. I'd avoid any jumping or strenuous exercise that could cause his stitches to pull. I'd keep a cone on him if he is licking at the wound for another 6-7 days. The inflatable one I hear are good .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts