Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been recently blessed with a baby brindle puppy. He needs 1 more set of puppy shots and will receive them in 3 weeks. The puppy does have a 3 year old fawn brother. Should I not walk his older brother until he gets the last set of his shots so that he doesn't bring home any sickness, diseases, parvo etc, or is it ok to take out the older brother on walks. We've been keeping both of them home and not taking them anywhere. I feel bad because the older one going to be deprived of his walks. Is it not safe for me to just take the older one on walks while the puppy waits for his last set of shots?  Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
220 Posts
From what I understand it is okay to take the older brother out since he is vaccinated he won't catch anything and thus bring it home...... that said, I think that the people who actually show their dogs on this sight would be better experts.

Welcome to the forum- we would love to see pictures of your dogs!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Welcome to the forum!  Congrats on your new baby.  I don't think taking big brother out should be a problem.  Maybe ask the vet.
Zhanna

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!! As long as your 3 year old is up to date on vaccinations, I wouldn't think it is a problem to go on walks. Like Zhanna said, maybe a quick call to your vet just to make sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts